This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
β-HCG preparations demonstrate microheterogeneity and are resolved in multiple bands on electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gels. The gels were cut into segments and the immunological reactivity of eluates with anti-gb-HCG and anti-HLH sera was investigated. The bands reacting with the two antigonadotropin sera were identified. Graded absorption of β-HCG with anti-heterologous (ovine) LH gave preparations with none or minimal cross-reactivity with anti-HLH.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chorionic gonadotropin and pregnanediol values in normal pregnancy.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1944; 75: 359
- A clinical bio-assay for chorionic gonadotropin.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1951; 11: 805-820
- The estimation of chorionic gonadotropin in the urine of pregnancy women.J. Endocrinol. 1950; 6: 319-331
- Studies on human chorionic gonadotropin.Rec. Progs. Horm. Res. 1971; 27: 121-164
- Chemistry of human chorionic gonadotropin.in: Moudgal N.R. Gonadotropin and Gonadal Function. Academic Press, N.Y1974: 79-92
- Biologically active hormone prepared by recombination of α-chain of HCG and the hormone specific chain of bovine thyrotropin or bovine luteinizing hormone.J. Biol. Chem. 1971; 246: 2321-2324
- The micro-heterogeneity of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) reflected in the β-subunit.FEBS Letters. 1973; 31: 214-216
- Disc electrophoresis-II. Method and application to human serum proteins.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1964; 121: 404-427
- A procedure for rapid and sensitive staining of protein fractionated by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.Anal. Biochem. 1967; 20: 150-154
- Immunological reactivity of antibodies produced by Pr-β-HCG-TT with different hormones.Contraception. 1976; 13: 163
- The cross-linking of proteins with glutaraldehyde and its use for the preparation of immunoadsorbents.Immunochemistry. 1969; 6: 53-66
- Effects of immunization with hapten-coupled HCG on the human menstrual cycle.Obstet. & Gynecol. 1973; 42: 485-495
- A radioimmunoassay which specifically measures human chorionic gonadotropin in the presence of human luteinizing hormone.Am. J. Obstet. Gynec. 1972; 113: 751-758
Accepted: October 20, 1975
© 1976 Published by Elsevier Inc.