This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Four different derivatives with varying proportions of dinitrophenyl (DNP) groups tagged covalently to β-subunit of HCG (DNP(1)-β-HCG, DNP(3.3)-β-HCG, DNP(6)-β-HCG and DNP (10)-β-HCG) have been prepared. Their immunogenicity as well as the reactivity of antibodies formed in mice, rabbit and rhesus monkey have been studied. The derivatives give rise to the formation of antibodies in all species tested which react with HCG and in some species with DNP moieties. The anti-DNP response increases with derivatives bearing more than 3–4 DNP groups per molecule of β-HCG. On the other hand the anti-HCG response diminishes with derivatives bearing higher than 3–4 DNP groups per β-HCG molecule. The antibody response in monkeys is of long duration (> 14 months). The association constants for binding with HCG are of the order of 4 × 109 to 6 × 1010 L/mole. the affinity of the antibodies tends to increase with time.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Immunological unresponsiveness.Advances in Immunology. 1973; 16: 100
- Specific antisera with small doses of immunogen.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1971; 33: 988-991
- Adv. Exptl. Med. & Biol. Plenum Publishing Corp, N.Y1973: 289-326 Receptors for reproductive hormones. IIIrd edition.
- The attractions of proteins for small molecules and ions.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1949; 51: 660-672
- Human chorionic gonadotropin. Linear aminoacid sequence of the β-subunit.J. Biol. Chem. 1973; 248: 6810-6827
- Chemistry of human chorionic gonadotropin.in: Moudgal N.R. Gonadotropins and gonadal function. Acad. Press, N.Y1974: 79-92
Accepted: October 20, 1975
© 1976 Published by Elsevier Inc.