This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Antisera produced by injection of Pr-β-HCG-TT in rhesus monkeys () and goat have been analysed for reactivity with various hormones. All antisera bound 125I-HCG. β-HCG competed with labelled HCG for binding to the sera in all cases. No cross-reactivity of human placental lactogen (HPL) and human growth hormone (HGH) was seen up to 1μg quantities per assay tube as gauged by competitive inhibition assays. Human follicle stimulating hormone (HFSH), human luteinizing hormone (HLH) and human thyroid stimulating hormone (HTSH) did not compete with 125I-HCG at the normal maximum physiological concentration of these hormones. The concentrations in radioimmunoassay system at which the competition appears with other hormones have also been determined.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Recent Knowledge of Chemistry of Lactogenic Hormones.in: Wolsteinholm G.E.W. Knight J. Lactogenic hormones. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh1972: 7-26
- The Chemistry of Growth Hormone and Lactogenic Hormones.Recent Progs. Hormone Res. 1973; 29: 387-416
- Studies on human chorionic gonadotropin.Recent Progs. Hormone Res. 1971; 27: 121-164
- Biologically active hormone prepared by recombination of α-chain of HCG and the hormone specific chain of bovine thyrotropin or bovine luteinizing hormone.J. Biol. Chem. 1971; 246: 2321-2324
- Chemistry of human chorionic gonadotropin.in: Moudgal N.R. Gonadotropins and Gonadal Function. Acad. Press, N.Y1974: 79-92
- The preparation of 131I-labelled HGH of high specific radioactivity.Biochem. J. 1963; 89: 114-123
- A radioimmunoassay which specifically measures human chorionic gonadotropin in the presence of human luteinizing hormone.Am. J. Obstet. Gynaec. 1972; 113: 751-758
- Further improvement in the radioimmunoassay of human pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).Klin. Wschr. 1971; 49: 658-660
- Separation of antibody bound and free human follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones by ethanol-ammonium acetate.Acta Endocrinologica. 1973; 72: 643-653
- Radioimmunoassay.Clin. Chem. 1973; 19: 146-186
- Statistical aspects of radioimmunoassays.in: Odell W.D. Daughaday W.H. Principles of competitive protein-binding assays. J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1972: 204-216
- Generation of specific antisera with hormone-specific β-subunit of HTSH and HFSH.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1973; 37: 653-659
- Kinetics of antibody response in animals injected with processed beta-HCG conjugated to tetanus toxoid (Pr-β-HCG-TT).Contraception. 1976; 13: 153
Accepted: October 20, 1975
© 1976 Published by Elsevier Inc.