Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2020 Objectives: Family Planning. Washington, DC.
- Birth spacing and risk of adverse perinatal outcomes: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1809-1823
- Effects of birth spacing on maternal health: a systematic review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 297-308
- The effects of unintended pregnancy on infant, child, and parental health: a review of the literature.Stud Fam Plann. 2008; 39: 18-38
- Contraception after delivery and short interpregnancy intervals among women in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 1471-1477
- Declines in Unintended Pregnancy in the United States, 2008-2011.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 843-852
- Short Interpregnancy Intervals in 2014: Differences by Maternal Demographic Characteristics.NCHS Data Brief. 2016; : 1-8
- Men bring condoms, women take pills.Men's and women's roles in contraceptive decision making In: Allen Barber B, Becker, Bianchi, Biddlecom, Blanc, Candace, Collier, DeRose, Deutch, DeVault, Dodoo, Edin, Fagan, Fatahzadeh, Felmlee, Finer, Flores-Macias, Goldin, Grady, Grady, Gubhaju, Higgins, Hochschild, Hoffman, Hook, Jones, Kapungu, Luke, M, Bankole, editor Gender & Society US: Sage Publications. 2011; : 496-521
- Interpregnancy interval and obstetrical complications.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2012; 67: 584-596
National Survey of Family Growth. Questionnaires, Datasets and Related Documentation.
- unintended births in the United States: 1982-2010.Natl Health Stat Report. 2012; : 1-28
- Short interpregnancy intervals in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 64-71
- Unintended pregnancy in the United States: incidence and disparities, 2006.Contraception. 2011; 84: 478-485
- Short Interpregnancy Intervals: Results from the First Baby Study.Womens Health Issues. 2017; 27: 426-433
- Underreporting of induced and spontaneous abortion in the United States: an analysis of the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth.Stud Fam Plann. 2007; 38: 187-197
- Early Impacts of the Affordable Care Act on Health Insurance Coverage in Medicaid Expansion and Non-Expansion States.J Policy Anal Manage. 2017; 36: 178-210
☆Disclosure: The authors report no conflict of interest.
☆☆Financial support: This work was performed under employment by the US federal government; the authors did not receive any outside funding.
★Paper presentation: A previous version of this analysis was presented at the 30th annual meeting of the Society of Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiologic Research (SPER) in Seattle, WA on June 19-21, 2017.
★★Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Office of Population Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health.