Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Healthy People 2020 topics & objectives.Published December 2, 2010. Accessed March 7, 2011)
- The long-term impact of parents' childbearing decisions on children's self-esteem.Demography. 1998; 35: 435-443
- Unwanted childbearing, health, and mother-child relationships.J Health Soc Behav. 1999; 40: 231-257
- Association between pregnancy intention and reproductive-health related behaviors before and after pregnancy recognition, National Birth Defects Prevention Study, 1997-2002.Matern Child Health J. 2010; 14: 373-381
- Unintended pregnancy and breast-feeding behavior.Am J Public Health. 1997; 87: 1709-1711
- Differences in preconceptional and prenatal behaviors in women with intended and unintended pregnancies.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 663-666
- Unintended childbearing, maternal beliefs, and delay of prenatal care.Birth. 1997; 24: 247-252
- Unintended pregnancy and preterm birth.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2000; 14: 309-313
- Are women with an unintended pregnancy less likely to breastfeed?.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 431-436
Henshaw SK. Unintended pregnancy in the United States. Fam Plann Perspect 1998;30:24���9 & 46.
- Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 38: 90-96
- U.S. teenage pregnancies, births and abortions: national and state trends and trends by race and ethnicity, 2010.Guttmacher Institute, New York2010
- Natality information: live births. CDC WONDER online database.Updated 2009. Accessed April 9, 2010)
Martin JA, Hamilton BE, Ventura SJ, et al. Births: final data for 2001. Natl Vital Stat Rep 2002;51(2).
- Births: final data for 2006.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2009; 57
- Abortion in the United States: incidence and access to services, 2005.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2008; 40: 6-16
- Abortion surveillance ��� United States, 2006.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2009; 58: 1-35
- Abortion surveillance ��� United States, 2001.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2004; 53: 1-32
- Patterns in the socioeconomic characteristics of women obtaining abortions 2000���2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2002; 34: 226-235
- Characteristics of U.S. abortion patients, 2008.Guttmacher Institute, New York2010
- Fetal and perinatal mortality, United States, 2005.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2009; 57: 1-19
- Estimated pregnancy rates by outcome for the United States, 1990���2004.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2008; 56: 1-28
- Bridged-race population estimates. CDC WONDER online database.Updated 2011. Accessed January 10, 2011)
- Unintended pregnancy: worldwide levels, trends, and outcomes.Stud Fam Plann. 2010; 41: 241-250
- Delayed childbearing: more women are having their first child later in life.NCHS Data Brief. 2009; 21: 1-8
- Use of contraception in the United States: 1982���2008.National Center for Health Statistics, 2010 (Report No.: 23)
Forrest JD, Frost JJ. The family planning attitudes and experiences of low-income women. Fam Plann Perspect 1996;28:246���55, 277.
- Factors associated with contraceptive use and nonuse, United States, 2004.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2007; 39: 90-99
- Factors associated with contraceptive choice and inconsistent method use, United States, 2004.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2008; 40: 94-104
- CDC Health Disparities and Inequalities Report ��� United States, 2011.MMRW. 2011; 60: 1-116
- Family structure and the reproduction of inequalities.Ann Rev Sociol. 2008; 34: 257-276
- The impact of publicly funded family planning clinic services on unintended pregnancies and government cost savings.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2008; 19: 778-796
Guttmacher Institute. Contraceptive needs and services, 2006, 2009. http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/win/allstates2006.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2011.
- Cohort birth order, parity progression ratio and parity distribution trends in developed countries.Demogr Res. 2007; 16: 315-374
- Condoms for dual protection: patterns of use with highly effective contraceptive methods.Public Health Rep. 2010; 125: 208-217
- Clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists: intrauterine device.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 223-232
- U.S. insurance coverage of contraceptives and the impact of contraceptive coverage mandates, 2002.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2004; 36: 72-79
- The Contraceptive CHOICE Project: reducing barriers to long-acting reversible contraception.Am J Obstet Gyn. 2011; 203: 115.e1-115.e17