Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Contraceptive hormone use and cardiovascular disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 221-231
- Cardiovascular disease and combined oral contraceptives: reviewing the evidence and balancing the risks.Hum Reprod Update. 1999; 5: 721-735
- The influence of female sex steroids on glucose metabolism and insulin action.J Intern Med Suppl. 1996; 738: 1-60
- Safety evaluation of modern oral contraceptives. Effects on lipoprotein and carbohydrate metabolism.Contraception. 1998; 57: 189-201
- Insulin sensitivity and lipid metabolism with oral contraceptives containing chlormadinone acetate or desogestrel: a randomized trial.Contraception. 2009; 79: 111-116
- Effect of an oral contraceptive containing 30 microg ethinylestradiol plus 3 mg drospirenone on body composition of young women affected by premenstrual syndrome with symptoms of water retention.Contraception. 2007; 76: 190-194
- Effects of two different oral contraceptives on total body water: a randomized study.Contraception. 2006; 73: 344-347
- Steroidal contraceptives: effect on carbohydrate metabolism in women without diabetes mellitus.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 4: CD006133
Sitruk-Ware R, Nath A. Metabolic effects of contraceptive steroids. Rev Endocr Metab Disord; Published, online 03–05–2011.
- Hormonal contraception: present and future.Drugs Today. 2008; 44: 905-923
- Evaluation of a new estradiol oral contraceptive: estradiol valerate and dienogest.Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2010; 11: 1147-1157
- The effects of oral and transdermal hormone replacement therapy on C-reactive protein levels and other inflammatory markers in women with high risk of thrombosis.Maturitas. 2005; 52: 111-118
Hoy SM, Scott LJ, Estradiol valerate/dienogest in oral contraception. Drugs 2009; 20;69:1635–46. Review.
Parke S, Nahum G, Mellinger U, Junge W. Metabolic effects of a new four-phasic oral contraceptive containing estradiol valerate and dienogest. Obstet Gynecol 2008;111 (4 Suppl)12:3.
- A 19-norprogestin without a 17a-ethinyl group I: dienogest from a pharmacokinetic point of view.Drugs Today. 1995; 31: 499-516
- Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2004; 81: 19-25
- Insulin-lowering agents in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome.Endocr Rev. 2003; 24: 633-667
- A modern medical quandary: polycystic ovary syndrome, insulin resistance and oral contraceptive pills.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 1927-1932
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, oral contraceptives and metabolic issues: new perspectives and a unifying hypothesis.Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 317-322
- Use and abuse of HOMA modeling.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 1487-1495
- Effect of estrogen treatment for one year on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in women with normal and abnormal glucose tolerance test results. Glucose, insulin, growth hormone, triglycerides, and Premarin.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1978; 131: 87-90
- The effects of two years of mestranol treatment on carbohydrate metabolism.Metabolism. 1982; 31: 1006-1008
- Insulin resistance, secretion, and metabolism in users of oral contraceptives.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992; 74: 64-70
- Insulin sensitivity is decreased in normal women by doses of ethinyl estradiol used in oral contraceptives.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 1540-1544
- The pharmacological profile of dienogest.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 1999; 4: 2-13