Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Combination contraceptives: effects on weight.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 9 (CD003987)
- Progestin-only contraceptives: effects on weight.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 4 (CD008815)
- Continuation rates of Implanon in the UK: data from an observational study in a clinical setting.Contraception. 2006; 74: 287-289
- Clinical performance of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system and oral contraceptives in young nulliparous women: a comparative study.Contraception. 2004; 69: 407-412
- Effectiveness of long-acting reversible contraception.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1998-2007
- Continuation and satisfaction of reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1105-1113
- The Contraceptive CHOICE Project: reducing barriers to long-acting reversible contraception.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 115e111-115e117
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) & National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Data. 2003���4.
- Body weight and composition in users of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Contraception. 2012; 86: 350-353
- Weight, fat mass, and central distribution of fat increase when women use depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception.Int J Obes (Lond). 2005; 29: 1252-1258
- Changes in weight, total fat, percent body fat, and central-to-peripheral fat ratio associated with injectable and oral contraceptive use.Am J Obstet Gyneco. 2009; 200: 329e321-329e328
- Variations in body mass index of users of depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate as a contraceptive.Contraception. 2010; 81: 107-111
- Differences in weight gain in relation to race, gender, age and education in young adults: the CARDIA Study. Coronary artery risk development in young adults.Ethn Health. 1996; 1: 327-335
- Weight gain trends across sociodemographic groups in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1602-1606
- Race/ethnicity, life-course socioeconomic position, and body weight trajectories over 34 years: the Alameda County Study.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1595-1601
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in the distribution of body mass index among US adults, 1999���2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 491-497
- Comparison of contraceptive use between the Contraceptive CHOICE Project and state and national data.Contraception. 2011; 83: 479-485
���Disclosures: Dr. Madden receives research funding from Merck & Co, Inc. and honorarium from Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Allworth receives research funding from Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Peipert receives research funding from Merck & Co, Inc. and Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals.