Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A longitudinal study of birth control and pregnancy outcome among women in a Swedish population.Contraception. 1997; 56: 9-16
- The Reproductive Health Report: the state of sexual and reproductive health within the European Union.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011; 16: 1-70
Socialstyrelsen. Aborter 2010. Stockholm: Socialstyrelsen 2011 Jun. Report No.:1400–351.
- The evidence is in. Why are IUDs still out? Family physicians' perceptions of risk and indications.Can Fam Physician. 2008; 54: 560-566
- Challenges in translating evidence to practice: the provision of intrauterine contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 1359-1369
- Attitudes towards long-acting reversible methods of contraception in general practice in the UK.Contracept. 2007; 76: 208-214
- Obstetrician–gynecologists and the intrauterine device: a survey of attitudes and practice.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 99: 275-280
- Intrauterine contraception in Saint Louis: a survey of obstetrician and gynecologists' knowledge and attitudes.Contracept. 2010; 81: 112-116
- UN.org. [Internet]. New York United Nations.(Available from:)
- User satisfaction with a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system (LNG-IUS): data from an international survey.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2009; 14: 391-398
- Reproduktion, prevention och sexualitet.in: Sex i Sverige - om sexuallivet i Sverige 1996. 3 ed. Folkhälsoinstitutet, Stockholm1998: 183-198
- Socialstyrelsens statistikdatabas [database on the Internet]. Socialstyrelsen, Stockholm1996 ([cited 2011 Nov 2]. Available from:)
- A longitudinal study of contraception and pregnancies in the same women followed for a quarter of a century.Hum Reprod. England. 2010; : 1415-1422
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use. World Health Organization, Geneva2010 (Report no.: 978 92 4 156388)
- General practitioners' views on the use of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system in young, nulligravid women, in London, UK.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011; 16: 311-318
- Management of pain associated with the insertion of intrauterine contraceptives.Hum Reprod Update. 2013; 19: 419-427
Antikonception. Information från Läkemedelsverket. 2005;16(7):7–88.
- Intrauterine devices for adolescents: a systematic review.Contracept. 2009; 79: 418-423
- Duration of use of a levonorgestrel IUS amongst nulliparous and adolescent women.Contracept. 2011; 84: e5-e10
- Comprehensive counseling about combined hormonal contraceptives changes the choice of contraceptive methods: results of the CHOICE program in Sweden.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011; 90: 869-877
- Knowledge, use and attitudes towards emergency contraceptive pills among Swedish women presenting for induced abortion.BJOG. 2002; 109: 155-160
- Adolescent and young adult women's knowledge of and attitudes toward the intrauterine device.Contracept. 2008; 78: 211-217
- Awareness and knowledge of the intrauterine device in adolescents.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2012 Feb; 25: 39-42
- Acceptance of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods by adolescent participants in the Contraceptive CHOICE Project.in: Contraception. 2011 Elsevier Inc, United States2011: 493-498
- Global survey of healthcare practitioners' beliefs and practices around intrauterine contraceptive method use in nulliparous women.Contraception. 2013 Nov; 88: 650-656
- Strategies to prevent unintended pregnancy: increasing use of long-acting reversible contraception.Hum Reprod Update. 2011; 17: 121-137
- A review of barriers and myths preventing the more widespread use of intrauterine contraception in nulliparous women.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2012 Oct; 17: 340-350
- Use of the levonorgestrel releasing-intrauterine system in nulliparous women — a non-interventional study in Sweden.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011 Apr; 16: 126-134
- Interventions for pain with intrauterine device insertion.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;
- Pain from copper intrauterine device insertion: randomized trial of prophylactic ibuprofen.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Nov; 195: 1272-1277
- Intrauterine devices and pelvic inflammatory disease: an international perspective.Lancet. 1992; 339: 785-788
- A study investigating obstetricians' and gynaecologists' management of women requesting an intrauterine device.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. Australia. 2010; : 184-188
- Determinants of intrauterine contraception provision among US family physicians: a national survey of knowledge, attitudes and practice.Contracept. 2011; 83: 472-478
- A metaanalysis of response rates in Web or Internet-based surveys.Educ Psychol Meas. 2000; 60: 821-836
☆Funding: supported by grants from the Stockholm County Council (ALF project) and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
☆☆None of the authors have any conflicts of interest.