Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Population disparity: attitudes about The IUD in Europe and the United States.Guttmacher Policy Rev. 2007; 10: 19-24
- Long-term contraception protection, discontinuation and switching behavior: intrauterine device (IUD) use dynamics in 14 developing countries. World Health Organization and Marie Stopes International, London2011
- Update on and correction to the cost-effectiveness of contraceptives in the United States.Contraception. 2012; 85: 611
- Intrauterine devices and pelvic inflammatory disease: an international perspective.Lancet. 1992; 339: 785-788
Mechanism of action, safety and efficacy of intrauterine devices. Report of a WHO Scientific Group. World Health Technical Report Series, 1987:1–91.
- Copper-containing, framed intrauterine devices for contraception: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Contraception. 2008; 77: 318-327
- Levonorgestrel-releasing and copper-releasing (Nova T) IUDs during five years of use: a randomized comparative trial.Contraception. 1994; 49: 56-72
- Long-term contraception with the levonorgestrel 20 mcg/day (LNg 20) and the copper T 380Ag intrauterine devices: a five-year randomized study.Contraception. 1990; 42: 361-378
- TCu 380A IUD: a reversible permanent contraceptive method in women over 35 years of age.Contraception. 2005; 72: 337-341
- Long-term reversible contraception. Twelve years of experience with the TCu380A and TCu220C.Contraception. 1997; 56: 341-352
- Utility and drawbacks of continuous use of a copper T IUD for 20 years.Contraception. 2007; 75: S70-S75
Improving the safety and effectiveness of contraception in China: a case-study in promotion and improvement of family planning. UNDP/UNFPA/WHO/WORLD BANK Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP). Geneva, Switzerland, 2008:20–24.
GyneFix® Prescribing information. Acessed January 25, 2014 at: http://contrel.be/GYNEFIX%20SPECIALISTS/prescribing_information.htm.
- The frameless copper IUD (GyneFix) and the TCu380A IUD: results of an 8-year multicenter randomized comparative trial.Contraception. 2009; 80: 133-141
- Randomized comparative trial in parous women of the frameless GyneFix and the TCu380A intrauterine devices: long-term experience in a Chinese family planning clinic.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2000; 5: 135-140
- The multiload IUD — a U.S. researcher's evaluation of a European device.Contraception. 1992; 46: 407-425
Multiload® Cu250/ Cu375. Consumer Medicine Information. Accessed January 25, 2014 at: http://www.mydr.com.au/webroot/cmis/OutXHTML/CM07006.htm.
Reproduction annual technical report: World Health Organization. Department of Reproductive Health and Research, including UNDP/UNFPA/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction. 2003:59–60.
- A randomized multicentre trial of the Multiload 375 and TCu380A IUDs in parous women: three-year results. UNDP/UNFPA/WHO/World Bank, Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction: IUD Research Group.Contraception. 1994; 49: 543-549
- Interim 4-year results of a comparative study between the Nova T and the Multiload 250.Adv Contracept. 1987; 3: 323-326
- Extended use of the Multiload Cu-250.Adv Contracept. 1988; 4: 109-113
- Evaluation of the clinical performance of a levonorgestrel releasing IUD, up to seven years of use, in Campinas.Braz Contracept. 1993; 47: 169-175
- Serum levonorgestrel levels and endometrial thickness during extended use of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Contraception. 2009; 80: 84-89
- Prolonged intrauterine contraception: a seven-year randomized study of the levonorgestrel 20 mcg/day (LNg 20) and the Copper T380 Ag IUDS.Contraception. 1991; 44: 473-480
- Health effects of long-term use of the intrauterine levonorgestrel releasing system. A follow-up study over 12 years of continuous use.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1999; 78: 716-721
- Copper corrosion-simulated uterine solutions.Contraception. 2000; 61: 395-399
- Duration of use of copper releasing IUD and the incidence of copper wire breakage.Eur J Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1990; 34: 267-272
- Long-term safety, efficacy, and patient acceptaibility of the intrauterine Copper T-380A contraceptive device.Int J Womens Health. 2010; 2: 211-220
- Copper-T intrauterine device and levonorgestrel intrauterine system: biological bases of their mechanism of action.Contraception. 2007; 75: S16-S30
- Copper release from copper-T intrauterine devices.Contraception. 1976; 14: 25-38
- Releasing of cupric ion of three types of copper-bearing intrauterine contraceptive device in simulated uterine fluid.J Reprod Contracept. 2007; 18: 33-40
- Influence on protein and copper concentrations and enzyme activities in uterine washings.Contraception. 1972; 6: 219-230
- Release of copper and indomethacin from intrauterine devices immersed in simulated uterine fluid.Eur J Contracep Repr. 2010; 15: 205-212
- Release behavior of cupric ions for TCu380A and TCu220C IUDs.Biomed Mater. 2008; 3: 044114
- Reduction of the “burst release” of copper ions from copper-based intrauterine devices by organic inhibitors.Contraception. 2012; 85: 91-98
- The corrosion behaviour of copper in simulated uterine fluid.Corros Sci. 1996; 38: 635-641
- Characterization of copper in uterine fluids of patients who use the copper T-380A intrauterine device.Clin Chim Acta. 2003; 332: 69-78
- Intrauterine pH of women using stainless steel contraceptive device.Obstet Gynecol. 1967; 30: 114-117
- Influence of pH and oxygen on copper corrosion in simulated uterine fluid.Biomaterials. 2002; 23: 667-671
- New frameless and framed intrauterine devices and systems — an overview.Contraception. 2007; 75: S82-S92
- Copper release from copper intrauterine devices removed after up to 8 years of use.Contraception. 1993; 47: 349-358
- Mirena [package insert]. Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, NJ2013
- Sustained intrauterine release of levonorgestrel over five years.Fertil Steril. 1986; 45: 805-807
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device.Contraception. 1990; 41: 353-362
- Temporal changes in cervical mucus after insertion of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Contraception. 2013; 87: 426-431
- Tissue concentrations of levonorgestrel in women using a levonorgestrel-releasing IUD.Clin Endocrinol. 1982; 17: 529-536
- Quantitative levonorgestrel plasma level measurements in patients with regular and prolonged use of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Contraception. 2012; 86: 345-349
- Clinical performance of the TCu 380A and Lippes Loop IUDs in three developing countries.Contraception. 1995; 52: 17-22
- Long term use of inert intrauterine contraceptive devices in 94 women in Israel.Br J Gen Pract. 1992; 42: 423-425
- Mechanisms of action of intrauterine devices.Obstet Gynecol Survey. 1996; 51: S42-S51
United States Census Bureau. International Database. Fertility Rates, 2012. Accessed on February 14, 2013 at: http://www.census.gov/population/international/data/idb/region.php?N=%20Results%20&T=9 A=aggregate&RT=0&Y=2012&R=101,102&C.
- Duration of use of a levonorgestrel IUS amongst nulliparous and adolescent women.Contraception. 2011; 84: e5-e10
- Long-acting, more effective copper T IUDs: a summary of U.S. experience, 1970–75.Stud Fam Plann. 1979; 10: 263-281
- Women's preferences for contraceptive counseling and decision making.Contraception. 2013; 88: 250-256
- Strength of recommendation taxonomy (SORT): a patient-centered approach to grading evidence in the medical literature.Am Fam Physiciaion. 2004; 69: 548-556
☆☆Conflicts of Interest: Dr. Wu is a Nexplanon® Clinical Trainer (Merck).