Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Unintended pregnancy: worldwide levels, trends, and outcomes.Stud Fam Plann. 2010; 41: 241-250
- Clinical gynecology endocrinology and infertility.8th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2011
- Factors influencing young Malians' reluctance to use hormonal contraceptives.Stud Fam Plan. 2003; 34: 186-199
- Danforth's obstetrics and gynecology.10th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008
- Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate: patterns of use and reasons for discontinuation.Contraception. 1997; 56: 209-214
- Depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate injection (Depo-Provera(r)): a highly effective contraceptive option with proven long-term safety.Contraception. 2003; 68: 75-87
- Comparison of continuation rates and reasons of discontinuation for Cyclofem and depot medroxyprogesterone acetate in rural areas of east Azerbaijan province, Iran.J Family Reprod Health. 2012; 6: 23-27
- Menstrual irregularity from hormonal contraception: a cause of reproductive health concerns in minority adolescent young women.Contraception. 2006; 74: 214-219
- Acceptability of contraceptive-induced amenorrhea in a racially diverse group of US women.Contraception. 2007; 75: 450-453
- “Focus on… Improving Hormonal Method Continuation.” NFO Reports. No 9.INFO Project, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore2007
- Treatment of vaginal bleeding irregularities induced by progestin only contraceptives.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 10: Cd003449https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD003449.pub4
- Low-dose oral contraceptive to re-induce menstrual bleeding in amenorrheic women on DMPA treatment: a randomized clinical trial.Med Sci Monit. 2006; 12: Cr420-Cr425
- Fenneland anise as estrogenic agents.J Ethnopharmacol. 1980; 2: 337-344
- The effect of fennel essential oil on uterine contraction as a model for dysmenorrhea, pharmacology and toxicology study.J Ethnopharmacol. 2001; 76: 299-304
- Naturally occurring estrogens in foods — a review.Food Addit Contam. 1985; 2: 73-106
- A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of a standardized extract of Matricariae recutita, Foeniculum vulgare and Melissa officinalis (ColiMil) in the treatment of breastfed colicky infants.Phytother Res. 2005; 19: 335-340
- The effect of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seed oil emulsion in infantile colic: a randomized, placebo-controlled study.Altern Ther Health Med. 2003; 9: 58-61
- Comparison of the effectiveness of fennel and mefenamic acid on pain intensity in dysmenorrhoea.East Mediterr Health J. 2006; 12: 423-427
- Comparison of fennel and mefenamic acid for the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2003; 80: 153-157
- Effect of fennel on pain intensity in dysmenorrhoea: a placebo-controlled trial.AYU. 2012; 33: 311-313
- Hepatoprotective effect of Foeniculum vulgare essential oil.Fitoterapia. 2003; 74: 317-319
- Essential oils and aromatic carminatives.Martindale-The Extra Pharmacopeia. 28th ed. Royal Pharmaceutical Society, London1982
- Goodman and Gillman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics.11th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York2005 ([1984 pp.])
- Evaluation of toxicity of Foeniculum vulgare variety dulce and its LD50.Barij Essence Pam. 2000; 1 ([in Persian]): 24-26
- Evaluation of therapeutic effect of fennel's essence for primary dysmenorrhea.Barij Essence Pam. 2000; 1 ([in Persian]): 30-32
- European Pharmacopoeia.7th ed. Council of, Europe, France2011: 241-242
- Assessment of menstrual blood loss using a pictorial chart.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1990; 97: 734-739
- Use of pictorial chart for managing menorrhagia among Turkish women.J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2008; 9: 35-37
- Occupational allergic rhinoconjunctivitis and asthma due to fennel seed.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 1997; 78: 37-40
- Clinical effects of fennel essential oil on primary dysmenorrhea.Iran J Pharm Sci. 2003; 2: 89-93
- Effectiveness of cyclofem in the treatment of depot medroxyprogesterone acetate induced amenorrhea.Contraception. 1998; 57: 23-28
☆Funding: Research Deputy of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences.
☆☆Implication: Both fennel and combined oral contraceptives, used for 21 days, could treat amenorrhea induced by depot medroxyprogesterone acetate and increase the rate of subsequent injection in women dissatisfied with the menstrual cessation. Using the approaches in such condition may prolong continuation of use of this highly effective method which may result in reducing the rate of unintended pregnancies.
★Clinical trial registration number: IRCT201205013706N12.