Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impact on contraceptive practise of making emergency hormonal contraception available over the counter in Great Britain: repeated cross sectional studies.BMJ. 2005; 331: 271-276
- Additional pharmaceutical services, minor ailment service and public health service directions, service specifications and payment arrangements.Letter to pharmacists. Scottish Government, Edinburgh2008
- Ulipristal acetate versus levonorgestrel for emergency contraception: a randomized non-inferiority trial and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2010; 375: 555-562
- Interventions for emergency contraception.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; ([Art. No.: CD001324])https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001324.pub4
- Emergency contraception guidance.[Accessed 21/06/2013])
- Ongoing contraception after use of emergency contraception from a specialist contraceptive service.Contraception. 2011; 84: 368-371
- Using semi covert research to evaluate an emergency hormonal contraception service.Pharm World Sci. 2004; 26: 102-106
- Community pharmacists providing emergency contraception give little advice about future contraceptive use. A mystery shopper study.Contraception. 2010; 82: 538-542
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.Fourth ed. 2009 ([http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241563888_eng.pdf (accessed 01/07/2013)])
- Carstairs scores for Scottish postcode sectors from the 2001 Census.MRC Social & Public Health Sciences Unit. 2004 ([http://www.sphsu.mrc.ac.uk/library/other%20reports/Carstairs_report.pdf. (accessed 02/07/2013)])
- Expedited partner therapy for chlamydia trachomatis at the community pharmacy.BJOG. 2010; 117: 1074-1079
- Novel interventions to reduce re-infection in women with chlamydia: a randomised controlled trial.Hum Reprod. 2009; 24: 888-895
- Design and analysis of cluster randomised trials in health research.Arnold, London2000: 87-88
- Bridging emergency contraceptive pill users to regular contraception: results from a randomized trial in Jamaica.Contraception. 2010; 81: 133-139
- Contraceptive use and discontinuation: findings from the contraceptive history, initiation, and choice study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1290-1295
- Effect of contraception provided at termination of pregnancy and incidence of subsequent termination of pregnancy.BJOG. 2012; 119: 1074-1080
- Age, parity, history of repeat abortion and contraceptive choices affect the risk of repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 149-154
- Preventing unintended pregnancies by providing no-cost contraception.Contraception. 2012; 120: 1291-1297
- Contraceptive use among women presenting to pharmacies for emergency contraception: an opportunity for intervention.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2014; ([Published Online First])https://doi.org/10.1136/jfprhc-2013-100730
- Involving pharmacists in sexual health research: experience from an emergency contraception study.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2009; 35: 41-43
- Can it work? Does it work? Is it worth it?.BMJ. 1999; 319: 652-653
- Emergency contraception - is it worth all the fuss?.BMJ. 2006; 333: 560-561
☆Funding: The Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation provided funding for this study. In addition, a research grant was provided by HRA Pharma which enabled LM to be funded as a clinical research fellow at The University of Edinburgh. This grant was independent and unrestricted; not specified to fund any particular research projects.
☆☆Conflict of interests: Both STC and AG, currently and in the past, have received research support from and undertaken consultancies for pharmaceutical companies working to develop emergency contraception.
★Clinical Trial Registration Number: NCT01738971