Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- New treatments and therapeutic strategies for acne.Arch Fam Med. 2000; 9: 179-187
- An update on the pathogenesis and management of acne vulgaris.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 51: S36-S38https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2004.01.023
- Effectiveness of oral contraceptives in the treatment of acne.Contraception. 1998; 58: 29S-33S
- Examining the use of oral contraceptives in the management of acne.Int J Womens Health. 2010; 2: 69-76
- Classification and pharmacology of progestins.Maturitas. 2008; 61: 171-180
- The phasic approach to oral contraception: the triphasic concept and its clinical application.Int J Fertil. 1983; 28: 121-140
- Comparative contraceptive efficacy and mechanism of action of the norgestimate-containing triphasic oral contraceptive.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand Suppl. 1992; 71: 9-14
- Efficacy and safety of a monophasic and a triphasic oral contraceptive containing norgestimate.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 170: 1556-1561
- Progestational and androgenic receptor binding affinities and in vivo activities of norgestimate and other progestins.Contraception. 1990; 41: 399-410
- Norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol in the treatment of acne vulgaris: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 615-622
- Effectiveness of norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol in treating moderate acne vulgaris.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1997; 37: 746-754
- Selectivity in progesterone and androgen receptor binding of progestagens used in oral contraceptives.Contraception. 1988; 38: 325-332
- Serum concentrations of ethinylestradiol, 3-keto-desogestrel, SHBG, CBG and gonadotropins during treatment with a biphasic oral contraceptive containing desogestrel.Horm Res. 1992; 38: 184-189
- Acne treatment with a new estroprogestinic biphasic combination containing desogestrel.Acta Eur Fertil. 1991; 22: 283-286
- The Leeds revised acne grading system.J Dermatol Treat. 1998; 9: 215-220
- Comparison of the effect on acne with a combiphasic desogestrel-containing oral contraceptive and a preparation containing cyproterone acetate.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2001; 6: 46-53
- The effect of a phasic oral contraceptive containing desogestrel on seborrhea and acne.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2006; 11: 6-13
- Effects of two estroprogestins containing ethynilestradiol 30 microg and drospirenone 3mg and ethynilestradiol 30 microg and chlormadinone 2mg on skin and hormonal hyperandrogenic manifestations.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2008; 24: 718-723
- Long-term efficacy and safety of a monophasic combined oral contraceptive containing 0.02mg ethinylestradiol and 2mg chlormadinone acetate administered in a 24/4-day regimen.Contraception. 2010; 81: 501-509
- Efficacy of an oral contraceptive containing EE 0.03mg and CMA 2mg (Belara®) in moderate acne resolution: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase III trial.Contraception. 2009; 80: 25-33
- Oral contraceptive discontinuation: a prospective evaluation of frequency and reasons.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 577-582
☆Source of funding and other support: This study was sponsored by Janssen-Cilag Thailand.
☆☆Disclosure statement: Osot Nerapusee is an employee of Janssen-Cilag and owns stock options at Johnson & Johnson. Other authors declared no conflicts of interest in conducting this study.
★ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01466673.