Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Miscarriage of Medicine: The Growth of Catholic Hospitals and the Threat of Reproductive Health Care.The MergerWatch Project and the American Civil Liberties Union, New York, NY2013
- Changing depot medroxyprogesterone acetate access at a faith-based institution.Contraception. Sep 2011; 84: 280-284
- Accessibility of emergency contraception in California's Catholic hospitals.in: Women's health issues: official publication of the Jacobs Institute of Women's Health. 15. 4, 2005: 174-178
- Availability of emergency contraception: a survey of hospital emergency department staff.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 46: 105-110
- Availability of emergency contraception in Massachusetts emergency departments.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 987-993
- When there's a heartbeat: miscarriage management in Catholic-owned hospitals.Am J Public Health. Oct 2008; 98: 1774-1778
- Obstetrician-gynecologists, religious institutions, and conflicts regarding patient-care policies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 73.e71-73.e75
- Conflicts in care for obstetric complications in Catholic hospitals.in: AJOB Primary Research. 4. 4, 2013: 1-10
- Word of Mouth and Physician Referrals Still Drive Health Care Provider Choice.HSC Research Brief No. 9. 2008 ([http://www.hschange.com/CONTENT/1028/. Accessed 3/7/2014])
- How do people choose their doctor?.BMJ. 1989; 299: 608-610
- How do patients choose their doctors for primary care in a free market?.J Eval Clin Pract. Dec 2010; 16: 1215-1220
- Bishops Sued Over Anti-Abortion Policies at Catholic Hospitals.The New York Times. 2013
- A piece of my mind. A question of faith.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1412
- Religion, Reproductive Health and Access to Services: A National Survey of Women. Washington, D.C.http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/topics/healthcare/documents/2000religionreproductivehealthandaccesstoservices.pdfDate: 2000
- ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates 2008-2012, American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates.(Available from:)
- Denver County, Colorado (CO) Religion Statistics Profile – Denver.(Available from:)
- Abortion clinic patients' opinions about obtaining abortions from general women's health care providers.Patient Educ Couns. 2010; 81: 409-414
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Ethical and religious directives for Catholic Health Care Services.(Available from:)http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/health-care/upload/Ethical-Religious-Directives-Catholic-Health-Care-Services-fifth-edition-2009.pdfDate: 2009
- American Catholic Hospitals: A Century of Changing Markets and Missions.Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, New Jersey, and London2011
- Institute of Medicine Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. 2001
☆Funding was received from the Academic Enrichment Fund of the University of Colorado Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
☆☆To be presented as an oral abstract at the North American Forum on Family Planning on October 12, 2014 in Miami, Florida.
★Requests for reprints can be sent to the corresponding author.