Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- (2009)Women and health: today's evidence tomorrow's agenda.2009 ([Geneva, Switzerland])
- PMTCT strategic vision 2010-2015.Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV to reach the UNGASS and Millennium Development Goals World Health Organization. WHO Press, Switzerland2010 ([2 February])
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic consequences and clinical relevance of cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibition.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2000; 38: 41-57
- Pharmacological and therapeutic properties of ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor therapy in HIV-infected patients.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004; 53: 4-9
- Identification of the human cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the in vitro biotransformation of lynestrenol and norethindrone.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008; 110: 56-66
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.4th ed. WHO, 2010
- Effect of vicriviroc with or without ritonavir on oral contraceptive pharmacokinetics: a randomized, open-label, parallel-group, fixed-sequence crossover trial in healthy women.Clin Ther. 2011; 33: 1503-1514
- Effect of ritonavir on the pharmacokinetics of ethinyl oestradiol in healthy female volunteers.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1998; 46: 111-116
- Complex drug interactions of HIV protease inhibitors 1: inactivation, induction, and inhibition of cytochrome P450 3A by ritonavir or nelfinavir.Drug Metab Dispos. 2011; 39: 1070-1078
- Effects on sex hormone binding globulin of different oral contraceptives containing norethisterone and lynestrenol.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1980; 87: 416-421
- Once-daily atazanavir/ritonavir versus twice-daily lopinavir/ritonavir, each in combination with tenofovir and emtricitabine, for management of antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected patients: 48 week efficacy and safety results of the CASTLE study.Lancet. 2008; 372: 646-655
- Cost effectiveness of atazanavir-ritonavir versus lopinavir-ritonavir in treatment-naive human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients in the United States.J Med Econ. 2011; 14: 167-178
- A radioimmunoassay for norethindrone (NET): measurement of serum NET concentrations following ingestion of NET-containing oral contraceptive steroids.Contraception. 1978; 18: 615-633
- Effect of protease inhibitors on steady-state pharmacokinetics of oral norethindrone contraception in HIV-infected women.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014; 65: 72-77
- Mechanism-based inactivation of CYP3A by HIV protease inhibitors.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005; 312: 583-591
- HIV protease inhibitor ritonavir: a more potent inhibitor of p-glycoprotein than the cyclosporine analog SDZ PSC 833.Biochem Pharmacol. 1999; 57: 1147-1152
- Atazanavir: effects on P-glycoprotein transport and CYP3A metabolism in vitro.Drug Metab Dispos. 2005; 33: 764-770
- Classification and pharmacology of progestins.Maturitas. 2008; 61: 171-180
- Effect of age, gender, and obesity on midazolam kinetics.Anesthesiology. 1984; 61: 27-35
- Variability in drug metabolizing enzyme activity in HIV-infected patients.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 66: 475-485
- Effect of the ethinylestradiol/levonorgestrel combined oral contraceptive on the activity of cytochrome P4503A in obese women.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2012; 74: 510-514
- Impact of obesity on oral contraceptive pharmacokinetics and hypothalamic–pituitary–ovarian activity.Contraception. 2009; 80: 119-127
- Prolonged monitoring of ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel levels confirms an altered pharmacokinetic profile in obese oral contraceptives users.Contraception. 2013; 87: 220-226
- Correcting oral contraceptive pharmacokinetic alterations due to obesity: a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2014;
- Effect of topiramate or carbamazepine on the pharmacokinetics of an oral contraceptive containing norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol in healthy obese and nonobese female subjects.Epilepsia. 2003; 44: 540-549
☆Acknowledgement of funding: This work was supported by the grant support from the Office Of Women's Health and the National Institutes of Health (Building Interdisciplinary Research Career in Women's Health—2K12HD043488 NICHD), Society of Family Planning and Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (The National Institutes of Health, National Center for Research Resources, and National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences) through Grant UL1TR000130.
☆☆Potential financial and other conflicting interests: None.
★Clinical trial registration number: NCT01667978.