Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Induced abortion: incidence and trends worldwide from 1995 to 2008.Lancet. 2012; 379: 625-632
- Abortion Statistics, England and Wales: 2013.https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/319460/Abortion_Statistics__England_and_Wales_2013.pdf([access date 24 June 2014])
- Abortion Statistics 2013 May 2014.[access date 12 September 2014])
- The care of women requesting induced abortion. Guideline number 7. 2011.[access date 12 September 2014])
- Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems.2nd ed. 2012 ([http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/70914/1/9789241548434_eng.pdf (access date 14 March 2014)])
- Comparison of unscheduled re-attendance and contraception at discharge, amongst women having the final stage of early medical abortion at home and those remaining in hospital.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2012; 38: 35-40
- Women’s experiences of the final stage of early medical abortion at home: results of a pilot survey.J Fam Plan Reprod Health Care. 2010; 36: 213-216
- Endometrial thickness following medical abortion is not predictive of subsequent surgical intervention.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34: 104-109
- Role of routine ultrasonography in monitoring the outcome of medical abortion in a clinical setting.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004; 83: 390-394
- Alternatives to ultrasound for follow-up after medication abortion: a systematic review.Contraception. 2011; 83: 504-510
- Telephone follow-up and self-performed urine pregnancy testing after early medical abortion: a service evaluation.Contraception. 2012; 86: 67-73
- Simplified follow-up after early medical abortion: 12 months experience of a telephone call and self-performed low sensitivity urine pregnancy test.Contraception. 2014; 89: 440-445
- Follow up after abortion.in: Rowlands Abortion care, chapter 12. 9781107647381 Cambridge Press, 2014: 106-113
- Effect of contraception provided at termination of pregnancy and incidence of subsequent termination of pregnancy.BJOG. 2012; 119: 1074-1080
- Carstairs scores for Scottish postcode sectors from the 2001 census– report.[12 September 2014])
- Eliminating the routine postoperative surgical visit.Contraception. 2012; 86: 397-401
- Benefits of using a digital video disk for providing information about abortion to women requesting termination of pregnancy.Contraception. 2010; 81: 537-541
- Alternatives to routine ultrasound for eligibility assessment prior to early termination of pregnancy with mifepristone-misoprostol.BJOG. 2011; 118: 17-23
- Can midlevel health-care providers administer early medical abortion as safely and effectively as doctors? A randomised controlled equivalence trial in Nepal.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1155-1161
- The efficacy, safety and acceptability of medical termination of pregnancy provided by standard care by physicians or by nurse-midwives - a randomized controlled equivalence trial.BJOG. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12982
- UR OK? The acceptability and feasability of remote technologies for follow up after early medical abortion.Contraception. 2014; 9: 29-35
☆Conflict of interests: STC is member of the European scientific advisory board to Exelgyn. AG is a scientific advisor to HRA Pharma.
☆☆Details of ethics/IRB approval: Not required.
★Funding: The work was undertaken with support of the Scottish Department of Sexual Health and blood Borne viruses, as part of a series of initiatives aimed at improving the patient journey through TOP.