Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Infant mortality statistics from the 2009 period linked birth/infant data set [Internet].National vital statistics report. vol. 61, no. 8. National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2013 ([Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_08.pdf, accessed September19, 2014])
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 77: screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 217-227
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 88: invasive prenatal testing for aneuploidy.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1459-1467
- Accuracy of ultrasonography at 11–14 weeks of gestation for detection of fetal structural anomalies. A systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1160-1167
- Fetal diagnostic indications for second and third trimester outpatient pregnancy termination.Prenat Diagn. 2014; 34: 1-7
- Prenatal sonography for the detection of fetal anomalies: results of a prospective study and comparison with prior series.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1995; 165: 943-950
- Attitudes towards termination for fetal abnormality: comparisons in three European countries.Clin Genet. 1996; 49: 134-140
- Termination rates after prenatal diagnosis of Down’s syndrome, spina bifida, anencephaly and Turner and Klinefelter syndromes: a systematic literature review.Prenat Diagn. 1999; 19: 808-812
- Decision-making for termination of pregnancies with fetal anomalies: analysis of 53,000 pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 99: 216-222
- Attitudes towards termination of pregnancy among Hong Kong Chinese women attending prenatal diagnosis counseling clinic.Prenat Diagn. 2004; 24: 546-551
- Survey of prenatal screening policies in Europe for structural malformations and chromosome anomalies, and their impact on detection and termination rates for neural tube defects and Down’s syndrome.BJOG. 2008; 115: 689-696
- Termination of pregnancy due to fetal abnormalities performed after 23 weeks' gestation: analysis of indications in 144 cases from a single medical center.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2009; 25: 291-296
- Attitudes of pregnant women regarding termination of pregnancy for fetal abnormality.Prenat Diagn. 2010; 30: 977-980
- ICI Group-Club de m’edecine foetale. Termination of pregnancy following prenatal diagnosis in France: how severe are the foetal anomalies?.Prenat Diagn. 2010; 30: 531-539
- Termination of pregnancy for fetal anomaly after 23 weeks of gestation: a European register-based study.BJOG. 2010; 117: 660-666
- Pregnancy termination following prenatal diagnosis of anencephaly or spina bifida: a systematic review of the literature.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2012; 94: 857-863
- Late termination of pregnancy for fetal abnormalities: the perspective of Indian lay persons and medical practitioners.Prenat Diagn. 2011; 31: 1286-1291
- An ethically justified practical approach to offering, recommending, performing, and referring for induced abortion and feticide.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 560.e1-560.e6
- Responsibly counseling women about the clinical management of pregnancies complicated by severe fetal anomalies.J Med Ethics. 2012; 38: 397-398
- Planned Parenthood of Se. Pa. v. Casey, 505 U.S.1992: 833-846
- Roe v Wade, 410 U.S. 113.1973: 163-165
- Colautti v. Franklin, 439 U.S. 379.1979: 388-389
- Fatally flawed? A review and ethical analysis of lethal congenital malformations.BJOG. 2012; 119: 1302-1308
- Survey of physicians’ approach to severe fetal anomalies.J Med Ethics. 2012; 38: 391-395
- Approaches for estimating prevalence ratios.Occup Environ Med. 2008; 65: 501-506
- Risk factors associated with presenting for abortion in the second trimester.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 128-135
- Timing of steps and reasons for delays in obtaining abortions in the United States.Contraception. 2006; 74: 334-344
- Delays in request for pregnancy termination: comparison of patients in the first and second trimesters.Contraception. 2010; 81: 446-451
- An exploration of women’s reasons for termination timing in the setting of fetal abnormalities.Contraception. 2013; 88: 109-115
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2011.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2014; 46: 3-14
- Secondary measures of access to abortion services in the United States: gestational age limits, cost, and harassment.Womens Health Issues. 2014; 4: 3419-3424
- Outpatient later abortion services (22+ weeks) and restrictions, September 2013 [Internet].(Available at)[accessed March 22, 2014])
- Termination of pregnancy for fetal abnormality in England, Scotland and Wales [Internet].RCOG, London2010 ([Available at: https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/terminationpregnancyreport18may2010.pdf, accessed September 19, 2014])
- Late termination of pregnancy: law, policy and decision making in four English fetal medicine units.BJOG. 2006; 113: 1402-1411
- Comparing response rates from web and mail surveys: a meta-analysis.Field Methods. 2008; 20: 249-271
- Maternal–fetal medicine subspecialists’ provision of second-trimester termination services.Am J Perinatol. 2012; 29: 709-716
- Women’s decisionmaking regarding choice of second trimester termination method for pregnancy complications.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012; 116: 244-248
☆Footnotes: Reprints will not be available.
☆☆Funding: Partial funding provided by Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health, Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, University of California, San Francisco.
★Conflicts of interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest.
★★Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.