Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 38: 90-96
- Randomized controlled trial of levonorgestrel versus the yuzpe regimen of combined oral contraceptives for emergency contraception.Lancet. 1998; 352: 428-433
- Emergenecy contraception use and counseling after changes in United States prescription status.Fertil Steril. 2001; 95: 2578-2581
- Can we identify women at risk of pregnancy despite using emergency contraception? data from randomized trials of ulipristal acetate and levonorgestrel.Contraception. 2011; 84: 363-367
- Timing of emergency contraception with levonorgestrel or the yuzpe regimen.Lancet. 1999; 353: 721
- Effect on pregnancy rates of the delay in the administration of levonorgestrel for emergency contraception: a combined analysis of four WHO trials.Contraception. 2011; 84: 35-39
- Pharmacokinetic study of different dosing regimens of levornorgestrel for emergency contraception in healthy women.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 1472-1476
- Impact of obesity on oral contraceptive pharmacokinetics and hypothalamic–pituitary-ovarian activity.Contraception. 2009; 80: 119-127
- Prolonged monitoring of ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel levels confirms an alterered pharmacokinetic profile in obese oral contraceptive users.Contraception. 2013; 87: 220-226
- Correcting oral contraceptive pharmacokinetic alterations due to obesity. A randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2014; 90: 550-556
- Pharmacokinetics of a combined oral contraceptive in obese and normal-weight women.Contraception. 2010; 81: 474-480
- Clearance of levonorgestrel from the circulation following removal of NORPLANT subdermal implants.Contraception. 1988; 38: 509-523
- Pharmacokinetic study of different dosing regimens of levnorgestrel for emergency contraception in healthy women.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 1472-1476
- Protein binding and drug clearance.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1994; 1 ([Suppl]): 10-17
- Metabolism and pharmacokinetics of contraceptive steroids in obese women: a review.Contraception. 2010; 82: 314-232
- All progestins are not created equal.Steriods. 2003; 68: 879-890
- Low sex-hormone-binding globulin concentration as independent risk factor for development of NIDDM.Diab. 1991; 40: 123-128
- Beneficial pharmacokinetic drug interactions.Adv Pharmacoepidem Drug Saf. 2012; S1-002
FDA prescribing information, Plan B one-step. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/021998lbl.pdf. [Accessed November 2, 2015].
- Traditional assay methodology, drug species, and perinatal growth: a perfect storm for oral contraceptive failure among obese women.J Womens Health. 2014; 23: 855
- Measuring total plasma levonorgestrel (LNG) levels among users of contraceptive implants: a comparison of radioimmunoassay and mass spectrometry methods.in: Meeting of the Fertility Control Club. 2015 ([Barcelona, Spain])
- Variations in protein binding of drugs in plasma and serum.Clin Chem. 1989; 35: 1722-1725
- Serum and plasma levels of total and free testosterone and of sex hormone binding globulins in rats growing in the below sea level environment of the Jordan Valley.Internet J Endocrinol. 2009;
☆Clinical trials#: NCT02408692.
☆☆Authors Disclosures: A. Edelman: consultant for World Health Organization, Gynuity Health Projects, Genzyme, and Agile Therapuetics. Nexplanon trainer for Merck. Author for UptoDate (Royalties received). J. Jensen has received payments for consulting from Agile Pharmaceuticals, Abbvie Pharmaceuticals, Bayer Healthcare, ContraMed, Evofem Inc., HRA Pharma, Merck Pharmaceuticals, Microchips, Teva Pharmaceuticals and the Population Council. He has also received research funding from Abbvie, Bayer, Merck, FHI360, Medicines 360, the Population Council, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. These companies and organizations may have a commercial or financial interest in the results of this research and technology. These potential conflicts of interest have been reviewed and managed by OHSU. G. Cherala, S Blue, and D Erikson have nothing to disclose.
★Financial Support: Support for this research was from Medical Research Foundation of Oregon (Grant #1501) as well as grant support from National Institutes of Health the OHSU Oregon Clinical & Translational Research Institute (NIH NCRR 1 UL1 RR024120).