Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Providing family planning and reproductive healthcare to Canadian immigrants: perceptions of healthcare providers.Cult Health Sex. 2009; 11: 369-382
- Far from home? A pilot study tracking women's journeys to a Canadian abortion clinic.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007; 27: 640-647
- Muslim women having abortions in Canada: attitudes, beliefs, and experiences.Can Fam Physician. 2011; 57: e134-e138
- Access to abortion: what women want from abortion services.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008; 30: 327-331
- Induced abortion in Canada 1974-2005: trends over the first generation with legal access.Contraception. 2012; 85: 185-191
- Reality check. A close look at accessing abortion services in Canadian hospitals.Can Choice. 2006;
- Barriers to access to abortion through a legal lens.Health Law J. 2007; 15: 143-173
- Medication abortion in Canada: a right-to-health perspective.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1764-1769
- The public funding of abortion in Canada: going beyond the concept of medical necessity.Med Health Care Philos. 2009; 12: 301-311
- Improving abortion access in Canada.Health Care Anal. 2010; 18: 17-34
- Access to abortion in Ontario: from Morgentaler 1988 to the savings and restructuring act.Health Law J. 1997; 5: 119-145
- Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems.2nd ed. WHO, Geneva2012
- Use of medicines changing the face of abortion.Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012; 38: 164-166
- Aligning mifepristone regulation with evidence: driving policy change using 15 years of excellent safety data.Contraception. 2015; 92: 171-181
- From qualified physician to licensed health care professional: the time has come to change mifepristone's label.Contraception. 2015; 92: 200-202
- Early abortion in Ontario: options and costs.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2006; 28: 142-148
- Medical abortion in Canada: behind the times.Can Med Assoc J. 2014; 186: 13-14
- Regulatory decision summary: MIFEGYMISO.([Cited 2015 Dec 16. Available from:])
- Deniz N. Lincoln Y. The sage handbook of qualitative research. 3rd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2005
- RU-486 abortion pill approved by Health Canada.CBC News: Health, 2015 ([cited 2015 Dec 16. Available from:])
- Medical termination of early pregnancy: the Swedish experience.JAMWA. 2000; 35: S195-S196
- Is medical abortion acceptable to all American women: the impact of sociodemographic characteristics on the acceptability of mifepristone-misoprostol abortion.JAMWA. 2000; 35: S177-S182
- Mifepristone for early medical abortion: experiences in France, Great Britain and Sweden.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2002; 34: 154-161
- Acceptability and feasibility of mifepristone-misoprostol for menstrual regulation in Bangladesh.Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2013; 39: 79-87
- Efficacy and acceptability of a mifepristone-misoprostol combined regimen for early induced abortion among women in Mexico City.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 127: 82-85
- Educational resources.([Cited 2015 Dec 16, Available from:])
☆Acknowledgements: Dr. Foster's Endowed Chair in Women's Health Research is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care in Ontario and we appreciate the general support for her time that made this project possible. We also received support for this project through a Faculty of Health Sciences Research Development Program grant and a grant from the Consortium national de formation en santé (CNFS) - Volet Université d'Ottawa. The conclusions and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the organizations with which the authors are affiliated or the funders.
☆☆Conflicts of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise.