Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Contraceptive failure in the United States.Contraception. 2011; 83: 397-404
- The safety of oral contraceptives: epidemiologic insights from the first 30 years.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 166: 1950-1954
- Cost effectiveness of contraceptives in the United States.Contraception. 2009; 79: 5-14
- Women at risk: why increasing numbers of women are failing to get the health care they need and how the Affordable Care Act will help. Findings from the Commonwealth Fund biennial health insurance survey of 2010.Issue Brief (Commonw Fund). 2011; 3: 1-24
- Contraception use, abortions, and births: the effect of insurance mandates.Demography. 2015; 52: 1195-1217
- Shifts in intended and unintended pregnancies in the United States, 2001–2008.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: S43-S48
- Unintended pregnancy in the United States: incidence and disparities, 2006.Contraception. 2011; 84: 478-485
- The public costs of births resulting from unintended pregnancies: national and state-level estimates.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2011; 43: 94-102
- Burden of unintended pregnancy in the United States: potential savings with increased use of long-acting reversible contraception.Contraception. 2013; 87: 154-161
- Return on investment: a fuller assessment of the benefits and cost savings of the US publicly funded family planning program.Milbank Q. 2014; 92: 696-749
- Extending contraceptive coverage under the Affordable Care Act saves public funds.Contraception. 2013; 87: 143-148
- Current contraceptive use in the United States, 2006–2010, and changes in patterns of use since 1995.Natl Health Stat Rep. 2012; 60: 1-25
- Unintended pregnancy: incidence and outcomes among young adult unmarried women in the United States, 2001 and 2008.Alan Guttmacher Institute, 2012
- Summary file 1. U.S. Census Bureau.2010
- Summary file 1. U.S. Census Bureau.2000
- Table 1A. Marital status of people 15 years and over by age, sex, personal earnings, race, and Hispanic origin.2010
- Current contraceptive status among women aged 15–44: United States, 2011–2013.NCHS Data Brief. 2014; 173: 1-8
- Rationale and enrollment results for a partially randomized patient preference trial to compare continuation rates of short-acting and long-acting reversible contraception.Contraception. 2015; 91: 185-192
- A systematic review to calculate background miscarriage rates using life table analysis.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2012; 94: 417-423
CDC. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2013. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2013.
- Advanced maternal age and stillbirth risk in nulliparous and parous women.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 355-362
- The cost of unintended pregnancies for employer-sponsored health insurance plans.Am Health Drug Benefits. 2015; 8: 83-92
- Hospital costs associated with stillbirth delivery.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 1835-1841
- Model parameter estimation and uncertainty analysis: a report of the ISPOR-SMDM modeling good research practices task force working group 6.Med Decis Making. 2012; 32: 722-732
- Probabilistic sensitivity analysis methods for general decision models.Comput Biomed Res. 1986; 19: 254-265
- Probabilistic sensitivity analysis using Monte Carlo simulation. A practical approach.Med Decis Making. 1985; 5: 157-177
- Probability models for economic decisions.Thomson/Brooke/Cole, 2005
- State policies in brief.Guttmacher Institute, 2016
- The ACA's contraceptive mandate: religious freedom, women's health, and corporate personhood.JAMA. 2014; 312: 785-786
- Governance problems in closely held corporations.J Financ Quant Anal. 2011; 46: 943-966
- Ownership and performance in close corporations: a natural experiment in exogenous ownership structure.2002
- A comparison of contraceptive procurement pre-and post-benefit change.Contraception. 2007; 76: 360-365
- Cost as a barrier to long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) use in adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 52: S59-S63
United States Department of Commerce. Bureau of the C. Census of Population and Housing, 2010 [United States]: National Summary File of Redistricting Data. Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) [distributor]; 2012.
RVU15A. In: Services CfMaM, editor. 2016.
- Maternal age and fetal loss: population based register linkage study.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1708-1712
- Sexually transmitted disease surveillance 2013.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta2014
☆Funding Source: Support for this research was provided in part by an infrastructure grant for population research from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development of the National Institutes of HealthP2C HD047879 (JT).
☆☆Conflict of Interest Statements:
☆☆W Canestaro has served as a paid consultant for the National Pharmaceutical Council, Genentech and AstraZeneca.
☆☆E Vodicka: none.
☆☆D Downing: none.
☆☆J Trussell serves on advisory boards for Merck and Teva.