Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Intimate partner violence among economically disadvantaged young adult women: associations with adolescent risk-taking and pregnancy experiences.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2009; 41: 84-91
- Is intimate partner violence associated with unintended pregnancy? A review of the literature.Trauma Violence Abuse. 2005; 6: 217-235
- Pregnancy coercion, intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy.Contraception. 2010; 81: 316-322
- Recent reproductive coercion and unintended pregnancy among female family planning clients.Contraception. 2014; 89: 122-128
- Partner violence and abortion characteristics.Women Health. 2014; 54: 177-193
- Intimate partner violence victimization prior to and during pregnancy among women residing in 26 U.S. states: associations with maternal and neonatal health.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 140-148
- Sexual coercion, domestic violence, and negotiating condom use among low-income African American women.J Womens Health. 1998; 7: 371-378
- The effects of an abusive primary partner on the condom use and sexual negotiation practices of African-American women.Am J Public Health. 1997; 87: 1016-1018
- The mediating role of partner communication skills on HIV/STD-associated risk behaviors in young African American females with a history of sexual violence.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008; 162: 432-438
- Coercive forms of sexual risk and associated violence perpetrated by male partners of female adolescents.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2011; 43: 60-65
- Male partner pregnancy-promoting behaviors and adolescent partner violence: findings from a qualitative study with adolescent females.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 360-366
- Birth control sabotage and forced sex: experiences reported by women in domestic violence shelters.Violence Against Women. 2010; 16: 601-612
- Male reproductive control of women who have experienced intimate partner violence in the United States.Soc Sci Med. 2010; 70: 1737-1744
- ACOG Committee Opinion No 554: reproductive and sexual coercion.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 411-415
- Adolescent relationship abuse and reproductive and sexual coercion among teens.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 25: 364-369
- Reproductive coercion and co-occurring intimate partner violence in obstetrics and gynecology patients.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 42.e1-42.e8
- Reproductive coercion and partner violence among college women.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2015; 44: 218-227
- Mental health impacts of reproductive coercion among women in Côte d'Ivoire.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2014; 127: 55-59
- Reproductive coercion and intimate partner violence among rural women in Cote d'Ivoire: a cross-sectional study.Afr J Reprod Health. 2014; 18: 61-69
- Psychosocial factors and pre-abortion psychological health: the significance of stigma.Soc Sci Med. 2016; 150: 67-75
- Addressing intimate partner violence and reproductive and sexual coercion: a guide for obstetric, gynecologic, reproductive health care settings.Futures Without Violence, San Francisco, CA2013
- A family planning clinic partner violence intervention to reduce risk associated with reproductive coercion.Contraception. 2011; 83: 274-280
- Cluster randomized controlled trial protocol: addressing reproductive coercion in health settings (ARCHES).BMC Womens Health. 2015; 15: 1-16
- A family planning clinic-based intervention to address reproductive coercion: a cluster randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2016; 94: 58-67
- The Revised Conflict Tactics Scales (CTS2): Development and Preliminary Psychometric Data.J Fam Issues. 1996; 17: 283-316
- Sexual experiences survey: a research instrument investigating sexual aggression and victimization.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1982; 50: 455-457
- Determining the dimensionality of data: a SAS macro for parallel analysis, in SUGI.SAS Institute, 1990: 1-3
- Exploring the sensitivity of Horn's Parallel Analysis to the distributional form of random data.Multivariate Behav Res. 2009; 44: 362-388
- Scale development: theory and applications. vol. 26. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2003 2nd ed.
- Multidimensional Item Response Theory.Springer, New York2009
- Multidimensional IRT models for the assessment of competencies.Stud Educ Eval. 2009; 35: 57-63
- Reproductive coercion by male sexual partners: associations with partner violence and college women's sexual health.J Interpers Violence. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])
☆Funding for this study is from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R01HD064407 and R21HD057814 to Miller and Silverman, and BIRCWH K12 scholar funds to McCauley). The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this manuscript are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Institutes of Health, of Adagio Health, or of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
☆☆Funding source: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R01HD064407, R21HD057814, and BIRCWH K12HD043441).
★Conflicts of interest: None.