Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Age, parity, history of abortion and contraceptive choices affect the risk of repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 149-154
- Preventing unintended pregnancies by providing no-cost contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1291-1297
- Impact of long-acting reversible contraception on return for repeat abortion.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 37.e1-37.e6
- Assessment of a 'fast-track' referral service for intrauterine contraception following early medical abortion.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2012; 38: 175-178
- Immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; : CD001777
- Immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 7: CD001777
- Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems.2nd ed. WHO, 2012 ([Geneva], http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/unsafe_abortion/9789241548434/en/)
- Impact of immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine contraception on repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 143-148
- Immediate placement of intrauterine devices after first and second trimester pregnancy termination.Contraception. 2011; 83: 34-40
- Attendance at post-abortal follow-up visits is low - can the risks of non-attendance be identified?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011; 90: 543-546
- Abortion statistics 2014.National Institute for Health and Welfare, 2015 ([http://www.julkari.fi/handle/10024/127103, Last accessed: 8.6.2016])
- Abortion statistics, England and Wales 2014.Department of Health, 2015 ([https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/report-on-abortion-statistics-in-england-and-wales-for-2014, Last accessed: 8.6.2016])
- Abort - fakta med statistikk.Folkehelseinstituttet Norway, 2016 ([http://www.fhi.no/tema/abort/fakta-om-abort, Last accessed: 8.6.2016])
- Termination of pregnancy statistics.National Health Service Scotland, Information Services Division, 2016 ([http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Sexual-Health/Publications/index.asp#1655, Last accessed: 8.6.2016])
Statistik om aborter 2015. Socialstyrelsen; 2016. [http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/publikationer2016/2016-5-20, Last accessed: 8.6.2016].
- Induced abortion in the United States.Guttmacher Institute, 2016 ([https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/induced-abortion-united-states, Last accessed: 8.6.2016])
- Immediate complications after medical compared with surgical termination of pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 795-804
- Early versus delayed insertion of intrauterine contraception after medical abortion - a randomized controlled trial.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e48948
- Postabortal and postpartum contraception.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2014; 28: 871-880
- Timing of copper intrauterine device insertion after medical abortion: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 623-628
- Provision of intrauterine contraception in association with first trimester induced abortion reduces the need of repeat abortion: first-year results of a randomized controlled trial.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30: 2539-2546
- The Finnish medical society Duodecim.[Last accessed: 29.6.2016])
- Immediate versus delayed IUD insertion after uterine aspiration.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2208-2217
- Verifying the effectiveness of medical abortion; ultrasound versus hCG testing.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2003; 109: 190-195
- The learning curve is rapid in medical termination of pregnancy--first-year results from the Helsinki area.Contraception. 2003; 67: 223-227
- Endometrial thickness following medical abortion is not predictive of subsequent surgical intervention.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34: 104-109
- Can ultrasound predict IUD expulsion after medical abortion?.Contraception. 2014; 89: 434-439
☆Funding: This study was supported by Helsinki University Central Hospital Research funds and research grants provided by the Antti and Jenny Wihuri Foundation and the Yrjö Jahnsson Foundation. The sponsors had no role in the planning or carrying out of the study or in analyzing the study results.
☆☆Declaration of interests: OH has served on advisory boards for Bayer Healthcare, Gedeon Richter and MSD Finland (part of Merck & Co. Inc.) and designed and lectured at educational events of these companies. SS has served as an advisor for Exeltis and Gedeon Richter and lectured at educational events of Bayer and MSD Finland (part of Merck & Co. Inc.). The other authors have no conflicts of interests to declare.
★Clinical trial registration: Registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT01223521).