Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intended and unintended pregnancies worldwide in 2012 and recent trends.Stud Fam Plan. 2014; 45: 301-314
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 121: long-acting reversible contraception: implants and intrauterine devices.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 184-196
- Long-acting reversible contraception: the effective and appropriate use of long-acting reversible contraception.(Available from:)http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg30/resources/cg30-longacting-reversible-contraception-full-guideline3([Last accessed September 11, 2014])Date: 2013
- Mirena® summary of product characteristics.(Available from:)[Last accessed July 30, 2015])
- Jaydess® summary of product characteristics.(Available from:)[Last accessed August 6, 2015])
- Two low-dose levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive systems: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1205-1213
- MMWR: sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines 2010. RR-12. Atlanta, Georgia.(Available from:)[Last accessed October 21, 2014])
- The analysis of vaginal bleeding patterns induced by fertility regulating methods. World Health Organization special programme of research, development and research training in human reproduction.Contraception. 1986; 34: 253-260
- The best intentions: unintended pregnancy and the well-being of children and families.National Academy Press, Washington DC1995
- Unintended pregnancy and associated maternal preconception, prenatal and postpartum behaviors.Contraception. 2009; 79: 194-198
- Family planning as a cost-saving preventive health service.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: e37
- World contraceptive patterns 2013.(Available from:)http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/family/worldContraceptivePatternsWallChart2013.pdf([Last accessed February 2, 2015])Date: 2013
- A randomized, phase II study describing the efficacy, bleeding profile, and safety of two low-dose levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine contraceptive systems and Mirena.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 616-622
- Endometrial morphology of women using a d-norgestrel-releasing intrauterine device.Fertil Steril. 1978; 29: 397-401
☆Clinical trial registration number: NCT00884260.
☆☆Conflicts of interest:
☆☆Dr. Guangsheng Fan has provided expert opinion for Bayer HealthCare and Merck Sharp & Dohme and has been supported to present at, and attend, conferences by Bayer HealthCare. Dr. Fan's institution received grants from Bayer HealthCare for conducting this phase III clinical trial of LNG-IUS 8.
☆☆Dr. Sukho Kang has provided expert opinion for Bayer HealthCare.
☆☆Prof. Mulan Ren has provided expert opinion for AstraZeneca, Bayer HealthCare, Merck Serono, Merck Sharp & Dohme and Takeda and has been supported to present at, and attend, conferences by Bayer HealthCare.
☆☆Dr. Edith Weisberg has provided expert opinion for Bayer HealthCare and Merck Sharp & Dohme, has been supported to attend conferences by Bayer HealthCare and has obtained research funding for investigator-initiated research from both companies.
☆☆Dr. Eeva Lukkari-Lax is an employee of Bayer Oy, Finland.
☆☆Dr. Katrin Roth is an employee of Bayer Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany.
☆☆Dr. SoYoung Shin is an employee of Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Seoul, Republic of Korea.