Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Investigations of pharmacokinetics of LNG to specific consideration of a possible first-pass effect in women.Contraception. 1978; 17: 207-220
- The pharmacokinetics of levonorgestrel and ethynylestradiol in women—studies with Ovran and Ovranette.Contraception. 1981; 23: 229-239
- Pharmacokinetics of gestagens: some problems.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163: 323-328
- Potency and pharmacokinetics of gestagens.Contraception. 1990; 41: 533-550
- Combined oral contraceptives: venous thrombosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 3: CD010813
- Progestins for contraception: modern delivery systems and novel formulations.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 57: 644-658
- A systematic review of the impact of oral contraceptives on cognition.Contraception. 2014; 90: 111-116
- Types of progestogens in combined oral contraception: effectiveness and side-effects.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 5: CD004861
- Oral contraceptives and individual variability of circulating levels of ethinyl estradiol and progestins.Contraception. 2008; 78: 4-9
- Single-point prediction methods: a critical review.Drug Intell Clin Pharm. 1982; 16: 855-862
- Estimating systemic exposure to ethinyl estradiol from an oral contraceptive.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 614.e1-614.e7
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.in: Reproductive health and research. 4th ed. World Health Organization, Geneva2010: 15-43
- Using changes in binding globulins to assess oral contraceptive compliance.Contraception. 2013; 87: 176-181
- Calculation of free and bound fractions of testosterone and estradiol-17 beta to human plasma proteins at body temperature.J Steroid Biochem. 1982; 16: 801-810
- Binding of LNG, norethisterone and desogestrel to human sex hormone binding globulin and influence on free testosterone levels.Gynecol Obstet Investig. 1989; 27: 151-154
- Free estradiol and breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women: comparison of measured and calculated values.Cancer Epidemiol Biomark Prev. 2003; 12: 1457-1461
- How to detect and handle outliers: the American Society for Quality basic references in quality control: statistical techniques.Quality Press, Milwaukee, WI1993
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of tacrolimus early after liver transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2002; 34: 1538-1539
- AUC-guided dosing of tacrolimus prevents progressive systemic overexposure in renal transplant recipients.Kidney Int. 2005; 67: 2440-2447
- Pharmacokinetics of single and multiple doses of ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel in relation to smoking.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1988; 43: 23-31
- Pharmacokinetics of a combined oral contraceptive in obese and normal-weight women.Contraception. 2010; 81: 474-480
- Hemostatic effects of oral contraceptives in women who developed deep-vein thrombosis while using oral contraceptives.Thromb Haemost. 1998; 80: 382-387
- Molecular basis of ethnic differences in drug disposition and response.Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2001; 41: 815-850
☆Competing Interest Statement: C.L.W. is a paid consultant to Merck and Bayer, both of which manufacture oral contraceptives; however, not the oral contraceptive evaluated in this study. The remaining authors report no financial relationships with any organizations that might have an interest in the submitted work and no other relationships or activities that could appear to have influenced the submitted work.
☆☆Financial support: This pilot study was funded by the Howard Solomon Research Fund and an Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (IICTR) Collaborative and Multidisciplinary Pilot Research (CaMPR) Award. The Biomarkers Core Laboratory of the IICTR supported the assays. M.C.P. is partially supported by the NCI under award number P30CA008748 (PI: C. Thompson) to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. This study was also supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health (NIH), through Grant Number UL1 TR000040, formerly the National Center for Research Resources, Grant Number UL1 RR024156. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.