This is the third study by the company Natural Cycles on their product, a mobile phone fertility tracking app, based on an algorithm that relies primarily on basal body temperature shifts and menstrual cycle lengths [
]. The first two studies by Bergund Scherwitzl et al. have already been criticized [
- Berglund Scherwitzl E.
- Lundberg O.
- Kopp Kallner H.
- Gemzell Danielsson K.
- Trussell J.
- Scherwitzl R.
Perfect-use and typical-use pearl index of a contraceptive mobile app.
Contraception. 2017; 96: 420-425
- Frank-Herrmann P.
- Stanford J.B.
- Freundl G.
Fertility awareness-based mobile application.
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2017; 22 ([Epub 2017 Aug 29]): 396-397https://doi.org/10.1080/13625187.2017.1362691
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Perfect-use and typical-use pearl index of a contraceptive mobile app.Contraception. 2017; 96: 420-425
- Fertility awareness-based mobile application.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2017; 22 ([Epub 2017 Aug 29]): 396-397https://doi.org/10.1080/13625187.2017.1362691
- Identification and prediction of the fertile window using NaturalCycles.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2015; 20 ([Epub 2015 Aug 26]): 403-408https://doi.org/10.3109/13625187.2014.988210
- Prediction of ovulation by urinary hormone measurements with the home use ClearPlan fertility monitor: comparison with transvaginal ultrasound scans and serum hormone measurements.Hum Reprod. 2000; 15: 2478-2482
- Relationships between the luteinizing hormone surge and other characteristics of the menstrual cycle in normally ovulating women.Fertil Steril. 2013; 99: 279-285
Published online: February 14, 2019
Accepted: July 25, 2018
Received: May 31, 2018
© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.