Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Buhling KJ, Zite NB, Lotke P, Black K, for the INTRA Writing Group. Worldwide use of intrauterine contraception: a review. Contraception. 2014;89(3):162.
United Nations. United Nations. World contraceptive use 2015. http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/family/trendsContraceptiveUse2015Report.pdf (last accessed on Oct 10th , 2017).
- Changes in use of long-acting contraceptive methods in the United States, 2007–2009.Fertil Steril. 2012; 98: 893
- Changes in use of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods among U.S. women, 2009–2012.Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Nov; 126: 917-927
Maurice J. The intrauterine device (IUD) — worth singing about. Progress in Reproductive Health Research, World Health Organization 2002; 60:1–8.
Mechanism of action, safety and efficacy of intrauterine devices. Report of a WHO Scientific Group. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser. 1987;753:1.
- Effectiveness of IUDs: a review.Contraception. 1987; 36: 55
- Comparative contraceptive effectiveness of levonorgestrel-releasing and copper intrauterine devices: the European active surveillance study for intrauterine devices.Contraception. 2015; 91: 280
- Levonorgestrel-releasing and copper-releasing (Nova T) IUDs during five years of use: a randomized comparative trial.Contraception. 1994; 49: 56-72
- Risk factors for IUD failure: results of a large multicentre case-control study.Hum Reprod. 2006; 21: 2612
Ganer H, Levy A, Ohel I, Sheiner E. Pregnancy outcome in women with an intrauterine contraceptive device. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201(4):381.e1–5.
- The in situ IUD and pregnancy outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1974; 119: 124
- The prognosis of pregnancy conceived despite the presence of an intrauterine device (IUD).J Perinat Med. 2010; 38: 45
- Pregnancy outcomes with an IUD in situ: a systematic review.Contraception. 2012; 85: 131-139
Hintz SR, Kendrick DE, Wilson-Costello DE, Das A, Bell EF, Vohr BR, Higgins RD, NICHD Neonatal Research Network. Early-childhood neurodevelopmental outcomes are not improving for infants born at<25 weeks' gestational age. Pediatrics. 2011;127(1):62.
- Systemic inflammation disrupts the developmental program of white matter.Ann Neurol. 2011; 70: 550-565
Manuck TA, Sheng X, Yoder BA, Varner MW. Correlation between initial neonatal and early childhood outcomes following preterm birth. AJOG 2014; 210: 426.e1–9.
- Chorioamnionitis increases neonatal morbidity in pregnancies complicated by preterm premature rupture of membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1162-1166
- Pregnancy despite IUD: adverse effects on pregnancy evolution and fetus.Contraception. 2003; 68: 35-38
- Pregnancy outcome with removal of intrauterine device.Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 41: 894-896
- Users run no increased risk of ectopics, malformation, miscarriage in planned pregnancies.Fam Plann Perspect. 1980; 12: 156-157
- Do contraceptive methods pose fetal risks?.Res Front Fertil Regul. 1985; 3: 1-11
☆Presented as oral presentation at the SMFM 38th annual meeting, February 2018, Dallas, TX, control ID number: 1662.