Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; CD001777
- Society of Family Planning clinical recommendations: contraception after surgical abortion.Contraception. 2019; 99: 2-9
- Barriers associated with the failure to return for intrauterine device insertion following first-trimester abortion.Contraception. 2009; 79: 216-220
- Immediate postabortion access to IUDs, implants and DMPA reduces repeat pregnancy within 1 year in a new York City practice.Contraception. 2014; 89: 103-108
- Maternal and infant health initiative contraceptive care measures: Technical specifications and resource manual for Federal Fiscal Year 2016 reporting.2016
- Understanding women's desires for contraceptive counseling at the time of first-trimester surgical abortion.Contraception. 2014; 89: 36-41
- http://nationalacademies.org/hmd/~/media/Files/Report%20Files/2011/Clinical-Preventive-Services-for-Women-Closing-the-Gaps/preventiveservicesforwomenreportbrief_updated2.pdfDate accessed: November 5, 2018
- Immediate postabortion initiation of levonorgestrel implants reduces the incidence of births and abortions at 2 years and beyond.Contraception. 2015; 92: 17-25
- Current contraceptive status among women aged 15–44: United States, 2011–2013.National Health Statistics Reports, No. 173. 2014;
- Reductions in pregnancy rates in the USA with long-acting reversible contraception: a cluster randomized trial.Lancet. 2015; 386: 562-568
- Perceived and insurance-related barriers to the provision of contraceptive services in U.S abortion care settings.Women's Health Issues. 2011; 21: S26-S31
- Impact of immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine contraception on repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 143-148
- Choice of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device, etonogestrel implant or depot medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception after aspiration abortion.Contraception. 2015; 92: 553-559
- Effect of previous induced abortions on postabortion contraception selection.Contraception. 2015; 91: 398-402
Curtis KM, Tepper NK, Jatlaoui TC, et al. U.S. medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, 2016. MMWR Recomm Rep 2016;65(No. RR-3):1–104.
- Long-acting reversible contraceptive uptake before and after the affordable care act contraceptive mandate in women undergoing first trimester surgical abortion.Womens Health Issues. 2018; 28: 301-305
- Current contraceptive status among women aged 15–49: United States, 2015–2017.(NCHS data brief, no 327. Hyattsville, MD)in: National Center for Health Statistics. 2018
- Contraceptive policies affect post-abortion provision of long-acting reversible contraception.Contraception. 2011; 83: 41-47
- An exploration of perceived contraceptive coercion at the time of abortion.Contraception. 2018; 97: 329-334
- Who has second-trimester abortions in the United States?.Contraception. 2012; 85: 544-551
- Postabortion contraception use and continuation when long-acting reversible contraception is free.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 655-662
- Contraceptive method preferences and provision after termination of pregnancy: a population-based analysis of women obtaining care with the British pregnancy advisory service.BJOG. 2016; 124: 815-824
- Factors associated with initiating long-acting reversible contraception immediately first-trimester abortion.Contraception. 2018; 98: 292-295
☆The findings and conclusions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
☆☆Funding Source: This work was supported by the Society of Family Planning Research Fund [grant number SFPRF17-2].