Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2017; 49: 17-27
- Identifying National Availability of abortion care and distance from major US cities: systematic online search.J Med Internet Res. 2018; 20: e186
- At what cost? Payment for abortion care by U.S. women.Womens Health Issues. 2013; 23: e173-e178
- Secondary measures of access to abortion services in the United States, 2011 and 2012: gestational age limits, cost, and harassment.Womens Health Issues. 2014; 24: e419-e424
Planned Parenthood Releases New Educational Video on Telemedicine Abortion. (Accessed 7 December, 2018, at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/press-releases/planned-parenthood-releases-new-educational-video-on-telemedicine-abortion.)
- Telemedicine provision of medical abortion in Alaska: through the provider's lens.J Telemed Telecare. 2017; 23: 680-685
- Safety of medical abortion provided through telemedicine compared with in person.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 778-782
- Increasing access to abortion with telemedicine.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 585-586
- Provision of medical abortion using telemedicine in Brazil.Contraception. 2014; 89: 129-133
- Regional differences in surgical intervention following medical termination of pregnancy provided by telemedicine.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012; 91: 226-231
- Using telemedicine for termination of pregnancy with mifepristone and misoprostol in settings where there is no access to safe services.BJOG. 2008; 115: 1578-1579
- Self reported outcomes and adverse events after medical abortion through online telemedicine: population based study in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.BMJ. 2017; 357j2011
- A direct-to-patient telemedicine abortion service in Australia: retrospective analysis of the first 18 months.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018; 58: 335-340
- Use of telemedicine for providing medical abortion.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 124: 177-178
- Safety and acceptability of medical abortion through telemedicine after 9 weeks of gestation: a population-based cohort study.BJOG. 2019; 126: 609-618
- Sixteen years of overregulation: time to unburden Mifeprex.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 790-794
- Mifepristone with buccal misoprostol for medical abortion: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 12-21
- Incidence of emergency department visits and complications after abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 175-183
- Distance traveled for Medicaid-covered abortion care in California.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17: 287
- Distance traveled for an abortion and source of care after abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 616-624
Lawsuit challenges medically unjustified fda restrictions that push medication abortion out of reach. (Accessed November 13, 2018, at https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-challenges-federal-restrictions-abortion-pill.)
☆TelAbortion Project Team, 21 May 2019
☆☆Financial support: This work was supported by the Tara Health Foundation and several anonymous donors. These donors had no role in the study design, in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data, in the writing of the report, or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
★The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. or the Guttmacher Institute.
★Preliminary findings were presented at the following venues: Federation of Professional Abortion and Contraception Associates Annual Meetings 2016, 2018; National Abortion Federation Annual Meetings 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 (accepted); National Abortion Federation Regional Meeting Mexico 2017; American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology Annual meeting 2018; Oregon public health association meeting 2018; FIGO world congress of gynecology and obstetrics annual meeting 2018
★★Declarations of interest: Bliss Kaneshiro received research salary support through an institutional grant from Estetra Pharmaceuticals, Sebela Pharmaceuticals, and Merck, Sharpe, Dohme. Mary Tschann received research salary support through an institutional grant from Estetra Pharmaceuticals and Sebela Pharmaceuticals. Tiana Fontanilla received research salary support through an institutional grant from Sebela Pharmaceuticals and Merck, Sharpe, Dohme. Other authors have no conflicts.