Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
Canadian Academy of Health Sciences, Panel on Return on Investment in Health Research. Making an impact: a preferred framework and indicators to measure returns on investment in health research; 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1443-9506(09)01014-2.
- “Making evidence count”: a framework to monitor the impact of health services research.Aust J Rural Health. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1584.2012.01256.x
- Assessing outcomes of health and medical research: do we measure what counts or count what we can measure?.Aust New Zealand Health Policy. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-8462-4-14
European Science Foundation. The Challenges of Impact Assessment; 2012.
- Maximizing the impacts of your research: a handbook for social scientists.Biometrika. 2011;
- Brief for social science researchers as amici curiae in support of petitioners in Whole Woman’s Health v.Hellerstedt. 2016; 576
- Understanding & measuring research impact.Focus On. 2005; : 1-12
- Developmental evaluation.1st ed. The Guilford Press, New York2011
- The feasibility of determining the impact of primary health care research projects using the Payback Framework.Heal Res Policy Syst. 2009; 7: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-4505-7-11
- The rise of altmetrics.JAMA - J Am Med Assoc. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.18346
What are altmetrics? – What Are Altmetrics? n.d. https://www.altmetric.com/about-altmetrics/what-are-altmetrics/#prettyPhoto (accessed November 4, 2019).
- Bridging the academic and practice/policy gap in public health: perspectives from Scotland and Canada.J Public Health (Bangkok). 2018; https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdy127
- Knowledge translation of research findings.Implement Sci. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-7-50
- Assessing the impact of social science research: conceptual, methodological and practical issues.Assess Non-Academic Impact Res. 2005; : 1-24
- A case study of knowledge management in multi-agency consumer-informed “communities of practice”: Implications for evidence-based policy development in health and social services.Health (Irvine Calif). 2003; https://doi.org/10.1177/1363459303007003003
- What research impacts do Australian primary health care researchers expect and achieve?.Heal Res Policy Syst. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-4505-9-40
- Review of the research excellence framework: evidence report.Technopolis Group, 2018
☆Disclosure of potential conflicts: Amanda Dennis, Ruth Manski, and Jenny O'Donnell are staff at the Society of Family Planning and Society of Family Planning Research Fund, serving as the Executive Director, Grantmaking and Learning Manager, and Director of Grantmaking and Evaluation, respectively.