Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Misoprostol use in obstetrics and gynecology in Brazil, Jamaica, and the United States.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2002; 76: 65-74
- Prostaglandins for induction of second-trimester termination and intrauterine death.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2003; 17: 765-775
- Misoprostol for intrauterine fetal death.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2007; 99: S190-S193
- Misoprostol for induction of labour to terminate pregnancy in the second or third trimester for women with a fetal anomaly or after intrauterine fetal death.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; 14: CD004901
- Induction of labor with mifepristone (RU 486) in intrauterine fetal death.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163: 540-542
- Termination of pregnancy with mifepristone after intra-uterine death. Clinical and hormonal effects.S Afr Med J. 1989; 75: 540-542
- Induction of labour with mifepristone after intrauterine fetal death.Lancet. 1985; 2: 1019
- Kunika. Comparison of mifepristone combination with misoprostol and misoprostol alone in the management of intrauterine death.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 50: 322-325
- Induction of delivery by mifepristone and misoprostol in termination of pregnancy and intrauterine fetal death: 2nd and 3rd trimester induction of labour.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012; 286: 795-796
- Misoprostol-only versus mifepristone plus misoprostol in induction of labor following intrauterine fetal death.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2007; 86: 701-705
- Management of late intrauterine death using a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol–experience of two regimens.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2005; 118: 28-31
- Medical management of late intrauterine death using a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol.BJOG. 2002; 109: 443-447
- Termination of 2nd and 3rd trimester pregnancies with mifepristone and misoprostol.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1996; 70: 159-163
- Second trimester termination of pregnancy for fetal anomaly or death: comparing mifepristone/misoprostol to gemeprost.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2001; 95: 52-54
- Second- and third-trimester management of medical termination of pregnancy and fetal death in utero after prior caesarean section.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011; 157: 145-149
- Comparison of two dose regimens of misoprostol for second-trimester pregnancy termination.Contraception. 2010; 82: 266-275
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). Late intrauterine fetal death and stillbirth. London (UK): Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG); 2010 Oct. 33 p. (Green-top guideline; no. 55); http://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/GTG%2055%20Late%20Intrauterine%20fetal%20death%20and%20stillbirth%2010%2011%2010.pdf. [accessed 17 July 2019].
- Medical management of abortion.World Health Organization, Geneva2018
- Mifepristone and misoprostol compared with misoprostol alone for induction of labor in intrauterine fetal death: a randomized trial.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2015; 41: 1884-1890
- Mifepristone plus misoprostol versus only-misoprostol in induction of labour in intra uterine fetal death.Int J Pharm Biomed Res. 2013; 4: 108-110
- Role of combination of mifepristone and misoprostol versus misoprostol alone in induction of labour in late intrauterine fetal death: a prospective study.J Fam Reprod Health. 2013; 7: 177-179
- Buccal misoprostol for treatment of fetal death at 14–28 weeks of pregnancy: a double-blind randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2014; 89: 187-192
Cytotec Label. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2002/19268slr037.pdf; [accessed on 9 February 2020].
- Mifepristone and misoprostol compared with misoprostol alone for second-trimester abortion: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 601-608
- Mifepristone-misoprostol dosing interval and effect on induction abortion times: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 1335-1347
- Methods of term labour induction for women with a previous caesarean section.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6: CD009792
- Induction of labor after one previous Cesarean section in women with an unfavorable cervix: a retrospective cohort study.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0200024
☆Declaration of interest: None.