Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- The possibility of using mifepristone for menstrual induction.Contraception. 2003; 68: 495-498
- Menstrual induction with mifepristone and misoprostol.Contraception. 2003; 68: 489-494
WHO Task Force on Post-Ovulatory Methods for Menstrual Regulation. Menstrual regulation by mifepristone plus prostaglandin: results from a multicentre trial. Hum Reprod 1995;10:308–14.
- A randomized clinical trial of mifepristone for induction of delayed menses: efficacy and acceptability.Contraception. 1992; 46: 1-10
- Women’s experiences with medication for menstrual regulation in Bangladesh.Cult Health Sex. 2016; 18: 349-360
- Acceptability and feasibility of mifepristone-misoprostol for menstrual regulation in Bangladesh.Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2013; 39: 79-87
Hull TH, Sarwano SW, Widyantoro N. Induced abortion in Indonesia. Stud Fam Plann 199324:241–51.
- Innovations in reproductive health care: menstrual regulation policies and programs in Bangladesh.Stud Fam Plann. 1988; 19: 129-140
- Declines in unintended pregnancy in the United States, 2008–2011.New Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 843-852
- Social norms and stigma regarding unintended pregnancy and pregnancy decisions: a qualitative study of young women in Alabama.Pers Sex Rep Hlth. 2016; 48: 73-81
- Predictors and consequences of adolescents’ norms against pregnancy.Sociol Q. 2010; 51: 303-328
- Are pregnancy adolescents stigmatized by pregnancy?.J Adolesc Health. 2005; 36 (352.ei–352.e7)
- Authoritative knowledge and single women’s unintentional pregnancies, abortions, adoption, and single motherhood: social stigma and structural violence.Med Anthropol Q. 2003; 17: 322-347
- Correlates of perceived and internalized stigma among abortion patients in the USA: an exploration by race and Hispanic ethnicity.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012; 118: S152-S159
- Stigma: Notes on the Management of Spoiled Identity.Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1963
- Reducing stigma in reproductive health.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 125: 89-92
- Abortion as stigma: cognitive and emotional aspects of concealment.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1999; 77: 735-745
- Abortion stigma: a systematic review.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2016; 48: 169-177
- ‘I’m not that type of person’: managing the stigma of having an abortion.Deviant Behavior. 2013; 34: 973-990
- Social stigma and disclosure about induced abortion: results from an exploratory study.Glob Public Health. 2011; 6: S111-S125
- Internalized stigma and stigma-related isolation predict women’s psychological distress and physical health symptoms post-abortion.Psychol Women Q. 2018; 42: 220-234
- Psychosocial factors and pre-abortion psychological health: the significance of stigma.Soc Sci Med. 2016; 150: 67-75
- Embracing post-fertilisation methods of family planning: a call to action.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2013; 39: 244-246
- Women and postfertilization effects of birth control: consistency of beliefs, intentions and reported use.BMC Womens Health. 2005; 5: 11
- Self-induction of abortion among women in the United States.Reprod Health Matters. 2010; 18: 136-146
Coeytaux F, Nichols V. Plan C: the safe strategy for a missed period when you don’t want to be pregnant, Rewire News, February 7, 2014. https://rewire.news/article/2014/02/07/plan-c-safe-strategy-missed-period-dont-want-pregnant/.
Bazelon, E. The Dawn of the Post-Clinic Abortion, The New York Times, August 28, 2014.
Hellerstein, E. The Rise of the DIY Abortion in Texas, The Atlantic, June 27, 2014.
- Women’s attitudes towards mechanisms of action of birth control methods: a cross-sectional study in five European countries.J Clin Nurs. 2013; 22: 3006-3015
- Will a new kind of pill be the holy grail we seek?.Conscience. 2019; 2
- Shared decision making – the pinnacle of patient-centered care.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 780-781
- The values and value of patient-centered care.Ann Fam Med. 2011; 9: 100-102
- Why the nation needs a policy push on patient-centered health care.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 1489-1495
- Patient-centered care and adherence: definitions and applications to improve outcomes.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2008; 20: 600-607
Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
☆Funding: This work was supported by two anonymous donors. The funders had no role in the design, collection, analysis and interpretation of the data; or the decision to submit this manuscript for publication.
☆☆Declaration of interest: none.
★Data statement: Data available upon request.
★★Disclaimer: The interpretations of the findings and conclusions are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the study sites.
☆☆☆Declaration of interests: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.