Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- The efficacy of intrauterine devices for emergency contraception: a systematic review of 35 years of experience.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27: 1994-2000
- The social life of emergency contraception in the United States: disciplining pharmaceutical use, disciplining sexuality, and constructing zygotic bodies.Med Anthropol Q. 2006; 20: 297-320
- Broadening the scope of our understanding of mechanisms: lessons from the history of the morning-after pill.Synthese. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-019-02201-0
- Plan B One-Step Drug Facts.2018
- Ella (Ulipristal Acetate) Prescribing Information.2020
CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21 n.d. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm? CFRPart=201&showFR=1 (Accessed November 7, 2020).
- Effectiveness of levonorgestrel emergency contraception given before or after ovulation—a pilot study.Contraception. 2007; 75: 112-118
- Contraceptive efficacy of emergency contraception with levonorgestrel given before or after ovulation.Contraception. 2011; 84: 486-492
- Immediate pre-ovulatory administration of 30 mg ulipristal acetate significantly delays follicular rupture.Hum Reprod. 2010; 25: 2256-2263
- Efficacy of ulipristal acetate for emergency contraception and its effect on the subsequent bleeding pattern when administered before or after ovulation.Hum Reprod. 2016; 31: 1200-1207
- Does ulipristal acetate emergency contraception (ella®) interfere with implantation?.Contraception. 2019; 100: 386-390
- Mechanism of action of levonorgestrel emergency contraception.Linacre Q. 2015; 82: 18-33
- UPA and LNG in emergency contraception: the information by EMA and the scientific evidences indicate a prevalent anti-implantation effect.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2019; 24: 4-10
- Ulipristal acetate: contraceptive or contragestive?.Ann Pharmacother. 2011; 45: 813-815
- Committee opinion no 579: definition of term pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1139-1140
- Reports: protection of human subjects.Code of Federal Regulations 45CFR. 46. 1983
- Conscientious objection and emergency contraception.Am J Bioeth. 2007; 7: 8-14
- The politics of place: presidential voting patterns and providers’ prescription of emergency contraception.Contraception. 2018; 98: 237-242
- The inequity of conscientious objection: refusal of emergency contraception.Nurs Ethics. 2020; 27: 1-10
- Emergency contraception: separating fact from fiction.Cleve Clin J Med. 2012; 79: 771-776
- College student knowledge and attitudes toward emergency contraception.Contraception. 2011; 83: 68-73
- Intentions to use emergency contraception: the role of accurate knowledge and information source credibility.Am J Health Educ. 2018; 49: 264-270
- Female college students’ knowledge, perceptions, and use of emergency contraception.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2009; 38: 399-405
- The role of pharmacists and emergency contraception: are pharmacists’ perceptions of emergency contraception predictive of their dispensing practices?.Contraception. 2012; 86: 370-375
- Knowledge and awareness of emergency contraception in adolescents.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2010; 23: 273-278
- Enhancing use of emergency contraceptive pills: a systematic review of women's attitudes, beliefs, knowledge, and experiences in Australia.Health Care Women Int. 2019; 40: 174-195
- Emergency contraception use: the influence of awareness, attitudes, and beliefs among non-Hispanic white, non-Hispanic Black, and Hispanic women in the United States.Womens Health Issues. 2019; 29: 161-169
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Research Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101
- Emergency contraception: a multispecialty survey of clinician knowledge and practices.Contraception. 2016; 93: 145-152
- Pharmacy access to the emergency contraceptive ulipristal acetate in major cities throughout the United States.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017; 30: 283
- A survey regarding acceptability of oral emergency contraception according to the posited mechanism of action.Contraception. 2017; 96: 81-88
- Reliability of nominal data based on qualitative judgments.J Market Res. 1989; 26: 135-148
- Beyond Kappa: a review of interrater agreement measures.Can J Stat. 1999; 27: 3-23
- Changes in adolescents’ receipt of sex education, 2006-2013.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 58: 621-627
- Can I get pregnant from oral sex? Sexual health misconceptions in e-mails to a reproductive health website.Contraception. 2009; 79: 91-97
- Adolescent reproductive and contraceptive knowledge and attitudes and adult contraceptive behavior.Matern Child Health J. 2018; 22: 32-41
- Quality and accuracy of sexual health information web sites visited by young people.J Adol Health. 2010; 47: 206-208
- An observational study of how young people search for online sexual health information.J Am Coll Health. 2009; 58: 101-111
Laboratoire HRA Pharma. NorLevo 1.5mg Patient Information Leaflet, 2017. https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/PIL-2194006-28062017105522-636342441250781250.pdf (accessed Decmber 18, 2020).
Laboratoire HRA Pharma. EllaOne Package Leaflet. https://www.hra-pharma.com/PIL/UK/ (accessed Decmber 18, 2020).
Supreme Court of the United States. Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services et al. v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., et al. 2014;13-354:1-95.
(Supreme Court of the United States). Little Sisters of the Poor Saints Peter and Paul Home v Pennsylvania et al. 2020;19-431:1-78.
- The Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby Case: conscience, complicity, and contraception.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1537-1538
Declaration of competing interest: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.