Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2017; 49: 17-27
Jones RK, Witwer E, Jerman J. Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2017. Guttmacher Institute 2019. https://www.guttmacher.org/report/abortion-incidence-service-availability-us-2017 (Accessed April 29, 2020).
- Acceptability of suction curettage and mifepristone abortion in the United States: a prospective comparison study.Am J Obstetr Gynecol. 2000; 182: 1292-1299
- Women's perceptions on medical abortion.Contraception. 2006; 74: 11-15
- Mifepristone pretreatment for the medical management of early pregnancy loss.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 2161-2170
- Medical abortion: outcomes in a family medicine setting.J Am Board Fam Med. 2010; 23: 509-513
- Advanced practice clinicians and medication abortion safety: a 10-year retrospective review.Contraception. 2020; 101: 357
- TelAbortion: evaluation of a direct to patient telemedicine abortion service in the United States.Contraception. 2019; 100: 173-177
- Changes in service delivery patterns after introduction of telemedicine provision of medical abortion in Iowa.Am J Public Health. 2012; 103: 73-78
- Effectiveness and acceptability of medical abortion provided through telemedicine.Obstetr Gynecol. 2011; 118: 296-303
United States Food & Drug Administration. Approved Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS). https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/rems/index.cfm?event=RemsDetails.page&REMS=390 (Accessed May 11, 2020).
- Sixteen years of overregulation: time to unburden Mifeprex.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376 (Mifeprex REMS Study Group,): 790-794
- Induced abortion provision among a national sample of obstetrician–gynecologists.Obstetr Gynecol. 2019; 133: 477-483
- Mifepristone by prescription: a dream in the United States but reality in Australia.Contraception. 2015; 92: 186-189
- Trends in medication abortion provision before and after the introduction of mifepristone: a study of the National Abortion Federation's Canadian member services.Contraception. 2020; 102: 119-121
- It gives you autonomy over your own choices”: a qualitative study of Canadian abortion patients’ experiences with mifepristone and misoprostol.Contraception. 2020; 102: 61-65
- Time to reevaluate U.S. mifepristone restrictions.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 597-598
- Medication abortion: potential for improved patient access through pharmacies.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2018; 58: 377-381
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Improving access to mifepristone for reproductive health indications. https://www.acog.org/en/Clinical Information/Policy and Position Statements/Position Statements/2018/Improving Access to Mifepristone for Reproductive Health Indications (Accessed July 23, 2020).
Munger ML, Letter to FDA on REMS requirements for mifepristone. https://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/advocacy/prevention/women/LT-FDA-MifepristoneREMS-062019.pdf (Accessed July 23, 2020).
American Medical Association. H-100.948 Ending the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) policy on mifepristone (Mifeprex). AMA. https://policysearch.ama-assn.org/policyfinder/detail/mifepristone?uri=%2FAMADoc%2FHOD.xml-H-100.948.xml (Accessed July 23, 2020).
- Qualitative data analysis: an expanded sourcebook.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, US1994
- Willing and unable: doctors’ constraints in abortion care.Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville, TN2010
- Dynamics of stigma in abortion work: findings from a pilot study of the Providers Share Workshop.Soc Sci Med. 2011; 73: 1062-1070
Nash E, Mohammed L, Cappello O. Illinois steps up as other states decimate abortion rights. Guttmacher Institute 2019. https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2019/06/illinois-steps-other-states-decimate-abortion-rights (Accessed May 7, 2020).
Guttmacher Institute, Medication abortion. Guttmacher Institute 2016. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/medication-abortion (Accessed April 20, 2020).
- No-test medication abortion: a sample protocol for increasing access during a pandemic and beyond.Contraception. 2020; 101: 361-366
Kunzelman M. Judge: Women can get abortion pill without doctor visits. AP News. https://apnews.com/article/819bdff2b93b4b305bc6d1037aa8c5de (Accessed April 5, 2021).
Guttmacher Institute. Refusing to provide health services. Guttmacher Institute 2016. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/refusing-provide-health-services (Accessed April 21, 2020).
- The conscience of a pharmacist.AJPE. 2019; 83
- Pharmacy refusal toolkit protesting women's rights at the pharmacy counter: advocacy strategies from states and localities.Merger Watch, 2006
- Acceptability of home use of mifepristone for medical abortion.Contraception. 2013; 88: 122-127
- A prospective, non-randomized study of home use of mifepristone for medical abortion in the U.S..Contraception. 2015; 92: 215-219
- If we can do it for misoprostol, why not for mifepristone? The case for taking mifepristone out of the office in medical abortion.Contraception. 2015; 92: 194-196
Grossman D. Medication abortion via pharmacy dispensing - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03320057 (Accessed August 29, 2020).