Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Medical abortion in China.J Am Med Women Assoc. 2000; 55 (204): 197-199
- Mifepristone for early medical abortion: experiences in France, Great Britain and Sweden..Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2002; 34: 154https://doi.org/10.2307/3097714
- Abortion law across Australia - a review of nine jurisdictions.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015; 55: 105-111https://doi.org/10.1111/ajo.12298
- Comparative effectiveness, safety and acceptability of medical abortion at home and in a clinic: a systematic review.Bull World Health Organ. 2011; 89: 360-370https://doi.org/10.2471/BLT.10.084046
Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems - WHO, World Health Organization Staff, World Health Organization, UNAIDS - Google Books n.d. https://books.google.ie/books?hl=en&lr=&id=DmA0DgAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA3&ots=RH26JzBRmS&sig=ueoxv5n3vTu8PV4CNHaQKCBOmSE&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false (Accessed June 28, 2020).
Thirty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution Act 2018 – No. C36 of 2018 – Houses of the Oireachtas n.d. https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2018/29/ (accessed June 28, 2020).
Health D of. Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Act 2018 - Annual Report on Notifications 2019 n.d. https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b410b-health-regulation-of-termination-of-pregnancy-act-2018-annual-report-on-notifications-2019/ (accessed February 20, 2021).
Network AS. Ireland's report on abortions carried out in 2019 - Abortion Support Network n.d. https://www.asn.org.uk/news-and-events/asnresponsetoroi2019abortionstats/ (accessed February 20, 2021).
- Policy Implementation – Access to Safe Abortion Services in Ireland Research Dissemination Report.UNDP-UNFPA-UNICEF-WHO-World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP), Department of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia. Geneva, Switzerland, 2021: 1-37
RCPI » Interim clinical guidance on termination of pregnancy under 12 weeks n.d. https://www.rcpi.ie/news/publication/interim-clinical-guidance-on-termination-of-pregnancy-under-12-weeks/ (accessed June 28, 2020).
ICGP. Interim clinical support for termination of pregnancy in general practice 2019:39. https://www.icgp.ie/go/courses/women_s_health/test?spId=91C418E5-32C7-46A5-B409C2C701279C8F (accessed February 20, 2021).
Institue of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.Interim Clinical Guidance Termination of pregnancy under 12 weeks 2018:46. http://startireland.ie/resources/FINAL.pdf (accessed February 20, 2021).
My Options freephone line - HSE.ie n.d. https://www2.hse.ie/services/unplanned-pregnancy-support-services/my-options-freephone-line.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgbD71YCl6gIVRbTtCh1qVQmTEAAYASAAEgITCvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds (accessed June 28, 2020).
- The accuracy of using last menstrual period to determine gestational age for first trimester medication abortion: A systematic review.Contraception. 2014; 90: 480-487https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2014.07.004
- Alternatives to routine ultrasound for eligibility assessment prior to early termination of pregnancy with mifepristone-misoprostol.BJOG. 2011; 118: 17-23https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02753.x
- Early medical abortion without prior ultrasound.Contraception. 2015; 92: 212-214https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.04.008
- Outpatient medical abortion is safe and effective through 70 days gestation.Contraception. 2015; 92: 197-199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.06.018
- Efficacy and safety of medical abortion using mifepristone and buccal misoprostol through 63 days.Contraception. 2015; 91: 269-273https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.01.005
- First-trimester medical abortion with mifepristone 200 mg and misoprostol: A systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 26-37https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2012.06.011
- Clinical practice handbook for safe abortion.WHO, 2020 (http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/unsafe_abortion/clinical-practice-safe-abortion/en/)
- Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems.WHO, 2018 (http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/unsafe_abortion/9789241548434/en/)
- Medical Abortion.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016; 38: 366-389https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2016.01.002
- Significant adverse events and outcomes after medical abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 166-171https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e3182755763
Philip NM, Shannon CC, Winikoff B. Critical issues in reproductive health misoprostol and teratogenicity : reviewing the evidence report of a meeting 2002.
- Prenatal exposure to misoprostol and congenital anomalies: systematic review and meta-analysis.Reprod Toxicol (Elmsford, NY). 2006; 22: 666-671https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reprotox.2006.03.015
The use of mifepristone for medical abortion. n.d.
- Mifepristone with buccal misoprostol for medical abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 12-21https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000000897
- Low-sensitivity urine pregnancy testing to assess medical abortion outcome: a systematic review.Contraception. 2018; 98: 30-35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2018.03.013
- Can women determine the success of early medical termination of pregnancy themselves?.Contraception. 2015; 91: 6-11https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2014.09.009
- Effect of immediate compared with delayed insertion of etonogestrel implants on medical abortion efficacy and repeat pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; vol. 127 (Lippincott Williams and Wilkins): 306-312https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000001274
- Immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; : 2014https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001777.pub4
- Outpatient mifepristone–misoprostol medical abortion through 77 days of gestation.Contraception. 2016; 94: 389https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2016.07.027