Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sexual health risk and the movement of women between disadvantaged communities and local jails.Behav Med. 2015; 41: 115-122
- Reproductive justice disrupted: mass incarceration as a driver of reproductive oppression.American journal of public health. 2020; 110: S21-SS4
- Exploring lifetime accumulation of criminal justice involvement and associated health and social outcomes in a community-based sample of women who use drugs.J Urban Health. 2018; 95: 584-593
- Prevalence of chronic medical conditions among jail and prison inmates in the USA compared with the general population.J Epidemiol & Community Health. 2009; 63: 912-919
- Criminal justice contact and health service utilization among women across health care settings: analyzing the role of arrest.Womens Health Issues. 2019; 29: 125-134
- Health disparities of people living in the community on probation: a call to action for community and public health systems.Am J Public Health. 2020; 110: 1262-1263
- Health status and health care utilization of US adults under probation: 2015-2018.Am J Public Health. 2020; 110: 1411-1417
- Probation and parole in the United States, 2017–2018.Bureau of Justice Statistics. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Washington, DC2020 (https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ppus1718.pdf)
Sawyer W, Wagner P. Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2020. Prison policy initiative 2020. https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/pie2020.html (accessed 3/8/2021).
- Knowledge of abortion laws and services among low-income women in three United States Cities.J Immigr Minor Health. 2015; 17: 1811-1818
- Reproductive life goals: a systematic review of pregnancy planning intentions, needs, and interventions among women involved in U.S. Criminal Justice Systems.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2021; 30: 412-428
- Reproductive health concerns among substance-using women in community corrections in new york city: understanding the role of environmental influences.J Urban Health. 2018; 95: 594-606
- Incarcerated women and abortion provision: a survey of correctional health providers.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2009; 41: 6-11
- Highly effective birth control use before and after women's incarceration.Journal of Women's Health. 2015; 24: 530-539
- Contraceptive use and barriers to access among newly arrested women.J Correct Health Care. 2012; 18: 111-119
State Legislation Tracker: Major Developments in Sexual & Reproductive Health. Guttmacher Institute n.d. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy (accessed 3/8/ 2021 ).
- Insurance coverage of abortion: beyond the exceptions for life endangerment, rape and incest.Guttmacher Policy Review. 2013; 16: 2-8
- Women’s knowledge of their state’s abortion regulations. a national survey.Contraception. 2020; 102: 318-326
Nash E, Mohammed L, Cappello O, Naide S. State Policy Trends 2019: a wave of abortion bans, but some states are fighting back. guttmacher institute 2019. https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2019/12/state-policy-trends-2019-wave-abortion-bans-some-states-are-fighting-back (accessed 6/1/2021).
Elliot D, Wamsley L. Alabama Governor Signs Abortion Ban Into Law. NPR 2019. https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/723312937/alabama-lawmakers-passes-abortion-ban (accessed 6/1/2021).
An Overview of Abortion Laws. Guttmacher Institute n.d. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/overview-abortion-laws# (accessed 5/1/ 2019 ).
Vestal C. New laws deepen state differences over abortion. The pew charitable trusts 2019. https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2019/07/30/new-laws-deepen-state-differences-over-abortion (accessed 3/8/2021).
- Health and health service needs: comparison of older and younger women with criminal−legal involvement in three cities.Journal of Aging and Health. 2021; 008982643211025443
- Making research reachable: Engaging criminal justice involved women in community-based research.in: APHA's 2020 VIRTUAL Annual Meeting and Expo (Oct 24-28): American Public Health Association. 2020
- Knowledge of state-level abortion laws and regulations among reproductive health care providers.Womens Health Issues. 2013; 23: e281-e286
- Best practices for using median splits, artificial categorization, and their continuous alternatives.Journal of Experimental Psychopathology. 2011; 2: 197-209
- On racism: a new standard for publishing on racial health inequities.Health Affairs Blog. 2020 (10(10.1377). https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20200630.939347/full/)
- Connecting knowledge about abortion and sexual and reproductive health to belief about abortion restrictions: findings from an online survey.Womens Health Issues. 2013; 23: e239-e247
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2017.Guttmacher Institute, New York, NY2019 (In: Institute G, editor)
- Does state-level context matter for individuals’ knowledge about abortion, legality and health? challenging the ‘red states v. blue states’ hypothesis.Cult Health Sex. 2015; 17: 733-746
- State-mandated (mis)information and women’s endorsement of common abortion myths.Womens Health Issues. 2017; 27: 129-135
- Passage of abortion ban and women's accurate understanding of abortion legality.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021;
- Misinformation on abortion.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011; 16: 233-240
Pilkington E. Indiana prosecuting Chinese woman for suicide attempt that killed her foetus. 2012. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/30/indiana-prosecuting-chinese-woman-suicide-foetus (accessed 6/1/2021).
DeKok D. Pennsylvania mother who gave daughter abortion pill gets prison. Reuters 2014. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-crime-pennsylvania-abortion/pennsylvania-mother-who-gave-daughter-abortion-pill-gets-prison-idUSKBN0H10IR20140906 (accessed 6/1/2021).
- Sources of information and health care experiences related to COVID-19 among women involved in criminal legal system in three U.S. Cities.Archives of Women Health and Care. 2020; 3: 1-5
- Mass incarceration, public health, and widening inequality in the USA.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1464-1474
- Women’s mass incarceration: the whole pie 2019.Prison Policy Initiative. 2019; (accessed 3/8/2021)
- Hicks LS. Health disparities and the criminal justice system: an agenda for further research and action.J Urban Health. 2012; 89: 98-107
- Resolving health disparities for women involved in the criminal justice system.N C Med J. 2019; 80: 363-366