Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
U.S. Government Accountability Office. Food and Drug Administration: Decision process to deny initial application for over-the-counter marketing of the emergency contraceptive drug Plan B was unusual. https://www.gao.gov/products/gao-06-109; 2005. [Accessed 25 November 2021].
FDA. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee (NDAC) in joint session with the Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs (ACRHD). Meeting transcript. December 16, 2003.
- Images of American sexuality in debates over nonprescription access to emergency contraceptive pills.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 1272-1276
- The social life of emergency contraception in the United States: disciplining pharmaceutical use, disciplining sexuality, and constructing zygotic bodies.Med Anthropol Quart. 2006; 20: 297-320
- Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1139-1140
Protection of human subjects. Code of Federal Regulations. 45 CFR 46. Subpart B. 46.202. Definitions.
- The FDA, politics, and Plan B: To the Editor.NEJM. 2004; 350: 2413-2414
FDA. Label, insert, and CARE program proposal for Plan B, http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2006/021045s011lbl.pdf; 2006 [accessed 18 June 2021].
- Drug facts, values, & the morning-after pill.Public Affairs Quart. 2021; 35: 51-82
- Plan B and the politics of doubt.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1775-1778
10th Cir. Appeal from the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma (D.C. NO. 5:12-CV-01000-HE). 2013.
Supreme Court of the United States. Syllabus: Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13-354_olp1.pdf; 2014 [accessed 18 June 2021].
- Broadening the scope of our understanding of mechanisms: lessons from the history of the morning-after pill.Synthese. 2019; 198: 2223-2252
ChoGlueck C. Imposing values and enforcing gender through knowledge: Epistemic oppression with the morning-after pill's drug label. Hypatia, forthcoming.
- Emergency contraception — mechanisms of action.Contraception. 2013; 87: 300-308
International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics, International Consortium for Emergency Contraception. Mechanism of action: how do levonorgestrel-only emergency contraceptive pills (LNG ECPs) prevent pregnancy? https://www.cecinfo.org/icec-publications/mechanism-action-levonorgestrel-emergency-contraceptive-pills-lng-ecps-prevent-pregnancy/; 2012 [accessed 18 June 2021].
- Bulletin No. 152: Emergency contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e1-11
Haute Autorite de Sante. NorLevo Reneweal Of Registration, June 3, 2015. https://www.has-sante.fr/portail/upload/docs/evamed/CT-13654_NORLEVO_PIS_RI_Avis1_CT13654.pdf; 2015 [accessed 18 June 2021].
- Mechanism of action of levonorgestrel emergency contraception.The Linacre Quarterly. 2015; 82: 18-33
- UPA and LNG in emergency contraception: the information by EMA and the scientific evidences indicate a prevalent anti-implantation effect.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2019; 24: 4-10
- Does levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive have a post-fertilization effect? A review of its mechanism of action.Linacre Q. 2016; 83: 35-51
- Moral certitude in the use of levonorgestrel for the treatment of sexual assault survivors.(editor)in: Eberl JT Contemporary controversies in Catholic bioethics. Springer International Publishing, Cham2017: 197-222
- Bioethics Quart. 2007; 7: 703-707
- “It prevents a fertilized egg from attaching…and causes a miscarriage of the baby”: A qualitative assessment of how people understand the mechanism of action of emergency contraceptive pills.Contraception. 2021; 103: 408-413
- Diferenças regionais de conhecimento, opinião e uso de contraceptivo de emergência entre universitários brasileiros de cursos da área de saúde.Cad Saúde Pública. 2010; 26: 1821-1831
- Emergency hormonal contraception in adolescence.Rev Assoc Med Bras. 2020; 66: 472-478
- For the Emergency Contraception Study Group. Use of and attitudes towards emergency contraception: A survey of women in five European countries.Eur J Contracep Reprod Health Care. 2014; 19: 93-101
- Knowledge, practices, and barriers concerning the use of emergency contraception among women of reproductive age at a university hospital of Aydin, Turkey.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010; 282: 285-292
- A survey regarding acceptability of oral emergency contraception according to the posited mechanism of action.Contraception. 2017; 96: 81-88
- Qualitative findings about stigma as a barrier to contraception use: the case of emergency hormonal contraception in Britain and implications for future contraceptive interventions.Eur J Contracep Reprod Health Care. 2020; 25: 334-338
- Improving information processing: the effect of label format among current and potential over-the-counter medication users.Therap Innov Regulat Sci. 2016; 50: 560-568
- Obstetrics and gynecology and family medicine residents’ training and knowledge on emergency contraception.J Women's Health. 2019; 28: 794-801
- Emergency contraception knowledge among nurse practitioner students: emergency contraception knowledge.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2012; 24: 604-611
- Physicians’ information to patients and prescription of the emergency contraceptive pill according to their personal experience of using the method and perception of its mechanism of action.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2016; 21: 176-182
- How organizational context affects bioethical decision-making: pharmacists’ management of gatekeeping processes in retail and hospital settings.Soc Sci Med. 2013; 98: 319-329
- “Dishonourable disobedience” – Why refusal to treat in reproductive healthcare is not conscientious objection.Woman - Psychosom Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 1: 12-23
- Harm or mere inconvenience? Denying women emergency contraception.Hypatia. 2010; 25: 11-30
- The inequity of conscientious objection: refusal of emergency contraception.Nurs Ethics. 2020; 27: 1408-1417