Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Growing recognition of transgender health.Bull World Health Organ. 2016; 94 (Doi:): 790-791https://doi.org/10.2471/blt.16.021116
- Age of Individuals who Identify as Transgender in the United States.The Williams Institute, 2017 (Available at:)accessed 14 October 2021)
- Contraception across the transmasculine spectrum.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222 (Doi:): 134-143https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.07.043
- Contraception knowledge in transgender individuals: are we doing enough? [9F].Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131 (Doi:): 65Shttps://doi.org/10.1097/01.AOG.0000533319.47797.7e
- The right to (trans) parent: a reproductive justice approach to reproductive rights, fertility, and family-building issues facing transgender people.Wm Mary J Women L. 2013; 20 (Available at:) (accessed 16 October 2021): 73
- Do Transgender and Gender Diverse Individuals Receive Adequate Gynecologic Care?.An Analysis of a Rural Academic Center. Transgender Health. 2020; 5 (Doi:): 50-58https://doi.org/10.1089/trgh.2019.0037
- Approaches to vaginal bleeding and contraceptive counseling in transgender and gender nonbinary patients.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 134 (Doi:): 81-90https://doi.org/10.1097/aog.0000000000003308
- Committee on Practice Bulletins Gynecology L-ARCWG. Practice Bulletin No. 186: Long-Acting Reversible Contraception: Implants and Intrauterine Devices.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130 (Doi:): e251https://doi.org/10.1097/aog.0000000000002400
- Contraceptive challenges and the transgender individual.Womens Midlife Health. 2018; 4 (Doi:): 12https://doi.org/10.1186/s40695-018-0042-1
- Family planning and contraception use in transgender men.Contraception. 2018; 98 (Doi:): 266-269https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2018.06.006
- Contraceptive use and pregnancy intentions among transgender men presenting to a clinic for sex workers and their families in San Francisco.Contraception. 2017; 95 (Doi:): 186-189https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2016.09.005
- Effect of long-term testosterone administration on the endometrium of female-to-male (FtM) transsexuals.J Sex Med. 2009; 6 (Doi:): 3193-3200https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01380.x
- The report of the 2015 U.S. transgender survey.National Center for Transgender Equality, Washington, DC2016 (Available at:)accessed 16 October, 2021)
- Care of the transgender patient.Ann Intern Med. 2019; 171 (Doi:): ITC1-ITC16https://doi.org/10.7326/aitc201907020
- HIV testing by transgender status at Centers for Disease Control and prevention–funded sites in the United States, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands, 2009–2011.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105 (Doi:): 1917-1925https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2015.302659
- Worldwide burden of HIV in transgender women: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Infect Dis. 2013; 13 (Doi:): 214-222https://doi.org/10.1016/s1473-3099(12)70315-8
- Cross-Sex Hormones and Metabolic Parameters in Adolescents with Gender Dysphoria.Pediatrics. 2017; 139 (Doi:)e20163173https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-3173
Conflict of Interest: There are no conflicts of interest to declare. This study was made possible by funding from Kaiser Permanente Northern California Graduate Medical Education Department. All authors were involved in the formulation of the research question, choice of study design, data collection, analysis and decision to publish.