Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Committee Opinion No. 642: increasing access to contraceptive implants and intrauterine devices to reduce unintended pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e44-e48
- Update: providing quality family planning services recommendations from CDC and the U.S. Office of Population Affairs,.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 1383-1385
- U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65 (2016): 1-104
- Contraception for Adolescents.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e1244-e1256
- Accessibility of long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) in Federally Qualified Health Centers.Contraception. 2014; 89 (91-6): 91-96
- U.S. Selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 2016 (65(No. RR-4)): 1-66
- A missed opportunity for care: two-visit IUD insertion protocols inhibit placement.Contraception. 2012; 86: 694-697
- Does a two-visit protocol for long-acting reversible contraception differentially impact socioeconomically disadvantaged women?.Contraception. 2016; 94: 413
- Factors Associated with Contraceptive Use and Nonuse, United States.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2004; 39 (2007): 90-99
Guttmacher Institute. Improving Contraceptive Use in the United States, 2020. In Brief: Series 2008:8. https://www.guttmacher.org/report/improving-contraceptive-use-united-states (accessed May 1, 2015).
- The family planning attitudes and experiences of low-income women.Fam Plann Perspect. 1996; 28: 246
Kaiser Family Foundation. Women's Health Insurance Coverage. https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/fact-sheet/womens-health-insurance-coverage-fact-sheet/ (accessed May 5, 2020).
- Disparities in family planning.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 214-220
- Three-year continuation of reversible contraception.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213 (662.e1-662.e8): 662.e1-8
- Correlates of postpartum visits among medicaid recipients: an analysis using claims data from a managed care organization.J Womens Health. 2018; 27: 836-843
- Postplacental or delayed insertion of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device after vaginal delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1079
- Committee Opinion No. 670: immediate postpartum long-acting reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e32-e37
Guttmacher Institute. State Facts About Unintended Pregnancy: New York. Guttmacher Inst 2016. https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/state-facts-about-unintended-pregnancy-new-york (accessed August 23, 2018).
- Pregnancy desires and pregnancies at the state level: estimates for.Guttmacher Institute, New York2014 (2018)
- Application of Implementation Science Methodology to Immediate Postpartum Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Policy Roll-Out Across States.Matern Child Health J. 2016; 20: 173-179
New York City Health Department. Sexual and Reproductive Health Care Best Practices for Adolescents and Adults. 2020, https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/ms/srh-clinical-guide.pdf (accessed September 1, 2015).
- From theory to application: using performance measures for contraceptive care in the Title X family planning program.Contraception. 2017; 96: 166-174
- Undivided rights: women of color organize for reproductive justice.Haymarket Books, Chicago2016
- Understanding Reproductive Justice: Transforming the Pro-Choice Movement.Off Our Backs. 2006; 36: 4
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Institute for Healthcare Improvement: The Breakthrough Series: IHI's Collaborative Model for Achieving Breakthrough Improvement n.d. 2020, http://www.ihi.org:80/resources/Pages/IHIWhitePapers/TheBreakthroughSeriesIHIsCollaborativeModelforAchievingBreakthroughImprovement.aspx (accessed August 23, 2018).
- Celebration meets caution: LARC's boons, potential busts, and the benefits of a reproductive justice approach.Contraception. 2014; 89: 237-241
- The improvement guide: a practical approach to enhancing organizational performance.2nd ed. Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco2009
- U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65 (2016): 1-66
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015 n.d. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6403a1.htm (accessed August 23, 2018).
Office of Population Affairs. Performance Measures | HHS. gov n.d. https://www.hhs.gov/opa/performance-measures/index.html (accessed August 23, 2018).
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation science.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 50
- Addressing potential pitfalls of reproductive life planning with patient-centered counseling.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 2
- Development of a patient-reported measure of the interpersonal quality of family planning care.Contraception. 2018; 97: 34-40
Declaration of Competing Interest: The authors have no financial or other conflicts of interest.
Funding: This work was supported by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Bureau of Maternal, Infant and Reproductive Health Sexual and Reproductive Health Unit Project ID #2015-FCH-FN-1.