Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Last Five Years Account for More Than One-quarter of All Abortion Restrictions Enacted Since Roe.Guttmacher Institute, New York2016
- State Policy Trends at Midyear 2021: Already the Worst Legislative Year Ever for U.S. Abortion Rights.Guttmacher Institute, New York2021
- Legislatures and Citizens: Public Participation and Confidence in the Legislature.Natl Conf State Legis. 1997;
- “My good friends on the other side of the aisle aren't bothered by those facts”: U.S. State legislators’ use of evidence in making policy on abortion.Contraception. 2020; 101: 249-255https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2019.11.009
- A narrative analysis of anti-abortion testimony and legislative debate related to Georgia's fetal “heartbeat” abortion ban.Sex Reprod Health Matters. 2020; 281686201https://doi.org/10.1080/26410397.2019.1686201
- “Hearing from all sides” How legislative testimony influences state level policy-makers in the United States.Int J Health Policy Manag. 2015; 4: 91-98https://doi.org/10.15171/ijhpm.2015.13
- Knowledge Exchange Processes in Organizations and Policy Arenas: A Narrative Systematic Review of the Literature.Milbank Q. 2010; 88: 444-483https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0009.2010.00608.x
- Participation and argument in legislative debate on statewide smoking restrictions.Health Res Policy Syst. 2007; 5: 12https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-4505-5-12
- State legislators’ sources and use of information: bridging the gap between research and policy.Health Educ Res. 2015; (cyv044)https://doi.org/10.1093/her/cyv044
- Mere Exposure: A Gateway to the Subliminal.Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2001; 10: 224-228https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8721.00154
Pew Research Center. Religious Landscape Study. Washington, D.C.: 2014.
Institute for Women's Policy Research. The Status of Women in the States. Institute for Women's Policy Research; 2020.
NARAL Pro-Choice America. Wisconsin. NARAL Pro-Choice America; 2021.
- State Abortion Policy Landscape: From Hostile to Supportive.Guttmacher Inst. 2020; (Available at:) (accessed May 17, 2021)
Testify at a hearing. 2020, Wis State Legis n.d. Available at: https://legis.wisconsin.gov/about/testify (accessed October 13, 2021).
Wisconsin Legislative Council. A Citizen's Guide to Participation in the Wisconsin State Legislature 2017.
- House Committee Hearings: Arranging Witnesses.Washington, D.C.: Congressional Research Service;. 2015;
- Gendered Expertise.Gend Soc. 2015; 29: 841-862https://doi.org/10.1177/0891243215602104
- For a Sociology of Expertise: The Social Origins of the Autism Epidemic.Am J Sociol. 2013; 118: 863-907https://doi.org/10.1086/668448
- Qualitative Methods in Public Health: A Field Guide for Applied Research.John Wiley & Sons, 2016
Stata Statistical Software: Release 16. College Station, TX: StataCorp LLC; 2019.
- “Developing Good Taste in Evidence”: Facilitators of and Hindrances to Evidence-Informed Health Policymaking in State Government.Milbank Q. 2008; 86: 177-208https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0009.2008.00519.x