Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Population group abortion rates and lifetime incidence of abortion: United States, 2008-2014.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107 (Doi:): 1904-1909https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2017.304042
Guttmacher Institute. 2008 Abortion Patient Survey (APS). Guttmacher Institute. https://www.guttmacher.org/population-center/dataset/2008-abortion-patient-survey-aps. [Accessed 01 January 2021].
- Male partners’ involvement in abortion care: a mixed-methods systematic review.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2016; 48 (Doi:): 209-219https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12000
- Supporting women at the time of abortion: a mixed-methods study of male partner experiences and perspectives.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2018; 50 (Doi:): 75-83https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12059
- Perceptions of male knowledge and support among U.S. women obtaining abortions. women's.Heal Issues. 2011; 21 (Doi:): 117-123https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2010.10.007
- How young men at high risk of fathering an unintended birth talk about their procreative identities.J Fam Issues. 2016; 37 (Doi:): 1817-1842https://doi.org/10.1177/0192513X14551176
- Hegemonic Masculinity and Reproductive Freedom.Tennessee J Race, Gender, Soc Justice. 2015; 4: 204-211
- Disclosure of sensitive behaviors across self-administered survey modes: a meta-analysis.Behav Res Methods. 2014; 47 (Doi:): 1237-1259https://doi.org/10.3758/s13428-014-0533-4
- Using Text-to-speech (TTS) for Audio Computer-assisted Self-interviewing (ACASI).Field Methods. 2016; 28 (Doi:): 95-111https://doi.org/10.1177/1525822X14562350
- How to improve the validity of sexual behavior reporting: systematic review of questionnaire delivery modes in developing countries.Trop Med Int Heal. 2010; 15 (Doi:): 362-381https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2009.02464.x
- Audio computer assisted self interview and face to face interview modes in assessing response bias among STD clinic patients.Sex Transm Infect. 2005; 81 (Doi:): 421-425https://doi.org/10.1136/sti.2004.013193
- Audio-computer interviewing to measure risk behavior for HIV among injecting drug users: A quasi-randomized trial.Lancet. 1999; 353 (Doi:): 1657-1661https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(98)07026-3
- Effect of ACASI on reporting of abortion and other pregnancy outcomes in the US National Survey of Family Growth.Stud Fam Plann. 2018; 49 (Doi:): 259-278https://doi.org/10.1111/sifp.12068
National Survey of Family Growth. 2015-2017 NSFG - Public-Use Data Files 2021, Codebooks and Documentation n.d. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsfg/nsfg_2015_2017_puf.htm (accessed April 20, 2021).
- 2015-2017 National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG).Summary of Design and Data Collection Methods, Hyattsville, Maryland2015
User's Guide Appendix 3c: 2017 2017-2019 National Survey of Family Growth Male Respondent File Recode Specifications n.d.
- Male procreative consciousness and responsibility: a conceptual analysis and research agenda.J Fam Issues. 1991; 12 (Doi:): 268-290https://doi.org/10.1177/019251391012003002
Browner CH. 2022 Situating Women's Reproductive Activities. n.d.
- Americans, in Theory, Think Larger Families Are Ideal.Gallup: Social and Policy Issues. July. Gallup, Inc., Washington, D.C.2018 (https://news.gallup.com/poll/236696/americans-theory-think-larger-families-ideal.aspx [Accessed 01 January 2022])
- Public Opinion on Abortion.Pew Research Center: Fact Sheet. Pew Research Center, Washington, DC2021 (https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/public-opinion-on-abortion/ [Accessed 01 January 2022])
Granberg D. Family size preferences and sexual permissiveness as factors differentiating abortion. vol. 45. 1982.
- Effects of interviewer characteristics on reported sexual behavior of California Latino couples.Hisp J Behav Sci. 2002; 24 (Doi:): 38-62https://doi.org/10.1177/0739986302024001003
- Effects of interviewer gender, interviewer choice, and item wording on responses to questions concerning sexual behavior.Public Opin Q. 1996; 60 (Doi:): 345-375https://doi.org/10.1086/297758
- ACASI gender-of-interviewer voice effects on reports to questions about sensitive behaviors among young adults.Public Opin Q. 2012; 76 (Doi:): 311-325https://doi.org/10.1093/poq/nfs021
- The Interdependence of African American Men's Definitions of Manhood and Health.Fam Community Heal. 2015; 38 (Doi:): 284-296https://doi.org/10.1097/FCH.0000000000000079
- Circumstances beyond their control: black women's perceptions of black manhood.Sex Roles. 2018; 79 (Doi:): 151-162https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-017-0870-8
Keneally, Meghan. States passing abortion bans have among the lowest rates of women in power. ABC News. 15 May 2019. https://abcnews.go.com/US/states-passing-abortion-bans-lowest-rates-women-power/story?id=63050305 [Accessed 01 January 2022].
- A record number of women are serving in the 117th Congress | Pew.Pew Research Center: Gender & Leadership. Pew Research Center, Washington DC2021 (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/01/15/a-record-number-of-women-are-serving-in-the-117th-congress/ [Accessed 01 January 2022])
- U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts. U.S. Census Bureau, Washington DC2021 (census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045221 [Accessed 01 January 2022])
Durkin E, Benwell M. These 25 Republicans – all white men – just voted to ban abortion in Alabama. The Guardian. 14 May 2019. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/14/alabama-abortion-ban-white-men-republicans. [Accessed 01 January 2022].
- Conceiving risk and responsibility: A qualitative examination of men's experiences of unintended pregnancy and abortion.Int J Mens Health. 2006; 5: 133-152
- Male abortion beneficiaries: Exploring the long-term educational and economic effects of abortion among men who report teen pregnancy.J Adolesc Health. 2019; 65 (Doi:): 520https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JADOHEALTH.2019.05.001