Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Increasing use of long-acting reversible contraception to decrease unplanned pregnancy.Obstetr Gynecol Clin. 2015; 42: 557-567
- The latest in teen pregnancy prevention: long-acting reversible contraception.J Pediatr Health Care. 2018; 32: e91-e97
- Interventions for the prevention of pain associated with the placement of intrauterine contraceptives: an updated review.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2019; 98: 1500-1513
- Immediate postpartum insertion of intrauterine device for contraception.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;
- Vaginal misoprostol prior to intrauterine device insertion in women delivered only by elective cesarean section: a randomized double-blind clinical trial.Contraception. 2017; 95: 538-543
- Medications to ease intrauterine device insertion: a systematic review.Contraception. 2016; 94: 739-759
- Beliefs and Use of Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) among women's health care providers.J Nurse Practitioners. 2019; 15: 682-687
- Nitric oxide donors induce ripening of the human uterine cervix: a randomised controlled trial.BJOG. 1997; 104: 1054-1057
- Isonicotinic acid hydrazide (INH): a new agent for cervical ripening at term.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015; 35: 251-254
- Protective role of caffeic acid phenethyl ester and erdosteine on activities of purine-catabolizing enzymes and level of nitric oxide in red blood cells of isoniazid-administered rats.Toxicol Ind Health. 2008; 24: 519-524
- Intravaginal isonicotinic acid hydrazide (INH) versus misoprostol for cervical ripening prior to hysteroscopy.Obstetr Gynecol Sci. 2020; 63: 514-520
- World Health Organization. Reproductive Health. Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.World Health Organization, 2010
Insertion technique for the Copper T380A IUD | RHL n.d. 316 https://extranet.who.int/rhl/resources/videos/insertion-technique-copper-t380a-iud 317 (accessed October 8, 2019).
- What is a “clinically meaningful” reduction in pain?.Pain. 2001; 94: 131-132
- Interpretation of visual analog scale ratings and change scores: a reanalysis of two clinical trials of postoperative pain.J Pain. 2003; 4: 407-414
- Higher dose cervical 2% lidocaine gel for IUD insertion: a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2013; 88: 730-736
- Chemical ripening of the cervix with intracervical application of sodium nitroprusside: a randomized controlled trial.Hum Reprod. 2000; 15: 2224-2227
- Intracervical application of the nitric oxide donor isosorbide dinitrate for induction of cervical ripening: a randomised controlled trial to determine clinical efficacy and safety prior to first trimester surgical evacuation of retained products of conception.BJOG. 2005; 112 (Dec): 1615-1619
- Intracervical sodium nitroprusside versus vaginal misoprostol in first trimester surgical termination of pregnancy: a randomized double-blinded controlled trial.Hum Reprod. 2005; 20: 829-833
- Clinical significance of reported changes in pain severity.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 485-489
- Prospective validation of clinically important changes in pain severity measured on a visual analog scale.Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 38: 633-638
- The effect of nitroprusside on the IUD insertion experience in nulligravid women: a pilot study.Contraception. 2012; 86: 320
- The effect of nitroglycerin on the IUD insertion experience in nulliparous women: a pilot study.Contraception. 2014; 90: 60-65
☆Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.
aFunding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- A randomized double blinded clinical trial to explore the clinical outcomes of vaginal isonicotinic acid hydrazide (INH) administration six hours prior to T380A intrauterine device insertion in persons delivered only by cesarean delivery. Contraception. 2022 Feb 18:9788. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2022.01.019. Epub ahead of print.ContraceptionVol. 120