Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Vital statistics of the United States, 1990, vol I, natality. Washington: 1994. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsus/nat90_1acc.pdf.
- Births: final data for 2009.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2011; 60: 1-70
- Births: final data for 2019.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2021; 70: 1-51
- Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery.Am J Obstetr Gynecol. 2014; 210: 179-193https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2014.01.026
- NIH consensus development conference draft statement on vaginal birth after cesarean: new insights.NIH Consens State Sci Statements. 2010; 27: 1-42
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2017; 49: 17-27https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12015
- Women's decision making regarding choice of second trimester termination method for pregnancy complications.Int J Gynecol Obstetr. 2012; 116: 244-248https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.10.016
- Risk of uterine rupture during labor among women with a prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 3-8https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM200107053450101
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2581-2589https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa040405
- Misoprostol for second trimester pregnancy termination in women with prior caesarean: a systematic review.BJOG. 2009; 116: 1151-1157https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02190.x
- Uterine rupture in second-trimester misoprostol-induced abortion after cesarean delivery.Obstetr Gynecol. 2009; 113: 1117-1123https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e31819dbfe2
- Cervical ripening agents in the second trimester of pregnancy in women with a scarred uterus: a systematic review and metaanalysis of observational studies.Am J Obstetr Gynecol. 2016; 215: 177-194https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2016.03.037
- Mifepristone and misoprostol compared with misoprostol alone for second-trimester abortion.Obstetr Gynecol. 2011; 118: 601-608https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e318227214e
- Mifepristone in second-trimester medical abortion.Obstetr Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1304-1310https://doi.org/10.1097/01.AOG.0000289577.32274.a5
Illinois Maternal Morbidity and Mortality Report. 2018.
- Misoprostol complications in second-trimester termination of pregnancy among women with a history of more than one cesarean section.Obstetr Gynecol Sci. 2020; 63: 323-329https://doi.org/10.5468/ogs.2020.63.3.323
- Misoprostol for second trimester pregnancy termination in women with prior caesarean section.BJOG. 2005; 112: 97-99https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2004.00285.x
- Midtrimester abortion using vaginal misoprostol for women with three or more prior cesarean deliveries.Int J Gynecol Obstetr. 2010; 110: 50-52https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2010.02.008
Conflict of interest: None.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.