Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Swartzendruber A, Lambert D. Crisis pregnancy center map. http://www.crisispregnancycentermap.com; 2018 [accessed 12 August 2018].
- Identifying national availability of abortion care and distance from major US cities: systematic online search.J Med Internet Res. 2018; 20: e186https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.9717
- Pregnancy outcomes after exposure to crisis pregnancy centers among an abortion-seeking sample recruited online.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0255152https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0255152
- Who attends a crisis pregnancy center in Ohio?.Contraception. 2021; (S001078242100158X)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2021.05.011
- Abortion misinformation from crisis pregnancy centers in North Carolina.Contraception. 2012; 86: 752-756https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2012.06.001
- Crisis pregnancy center websites: information, misinformation and disinformation.Contraception. 2014; 90: 601-605https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2014.07.003
- Toll free but not judgment free: evaluating postabortion support services in Ontario.Contraception. 2015; 92: 469-474https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.08.003
- Sexual and reproductive health services and related health information on pregnancy resource center websites: a statewide content analysis.Womens Health Issues. 2018; 28: 14-20https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2017.10.007
NARAL Pro-Choice America. Crisis pregnancy centers lie: the insidious threat to reproductive freedom. https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/cpc-report-2015.pdf; 2015. [accessed 12 August 2018].
- Crisis pregnancy centers: faith centers operating in bad faith.J Gen Intern Med. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4703-4
- The public health risks of crisis pregnancy centers.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012; 44: 201-205https://doi.org/10.1363/4420112
- Why crisis pregnancy centers are legal but unethical.AMA J Ethics. 2018; 20: 269-277https://doi.org/10.1001/journalofethics.2018.20.3.pfor1-1803
- The prevalence and impacts of crisis pregnancy center visits among a population of pregnant women.Contraception. 2018; 98: 69-73https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2018.02.016
- Pregnant women's reasons for and experiences of visiting antiabortion pregnancy resource centers.Perspect Sex Repro H. 2020; 52: 49-56https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12131
- Home pregnancy test use and timing of pregnancy confirmation among people seeking health care.Contraception. 2021; (S0010782421004388)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2021.10.006
- Comparing website identification for crisis pregnancy centers and abortion clinics.Women's Health Issues. 2021; (S1049386721000566)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2021.06.001
- Disparities and change over time in distance women would need to travel to have an abortion in the USA: a spatial analysis.Lancet Public Health. 2017; 2: e493-e500https://doi.org/10.1016/s2468-2667(17)30158-5
- Change in distance to nearest facility and abortion in Texas, 2012 to 2014.JAMA. 2017; 317: 437-439https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.17026
- How far did US women travel for abortion services in 2008?.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2013; 22: 706-713https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2013.4283
The Alliance: State Advocates for Women's Rights and Gender Equality. Designed to deceive: a study of the crisis pregnancy center industry in nine states. https://alliancestateadvocates.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/107/Alliance-CPC-Study-Designed-to-Deceive.pdf; 2021 [accessed 15 Feb 2022].
NARAL Pro-Choice America. Who Decides? https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/report/2018-decides-status-womens-reproductive-rights-united-states/; 2018 [accessed 12 August 2018].
QGIS Association. QGIS Geographic Information System. Version 3.12.3 [software]. 1 March 2019. Available from: https://www.qgis.org.
- Change in second-trimester abortion after implementation of a restrictive state law.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: 771-779https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000003183
- Preventing unintended pregnancy: the contraceptive CHOICE project in review.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2015; 24: 349-353https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2015.5191
- Provision of no-cost, long-acting contraception and teenage pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 1316-1323https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1400506
- Barriers to abortion care and their consequences for patients traveling for services: qualitative findings from two states.Perspect Sex Repro H. 2017; 49: 95-102https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12024
- Secondary measures of access to abortion services in the United States, 2011 and 2012: gestational age limits, cost, and harassment.Womens Health Issues. 2014; 24: e419-e424https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2014.05.002
26 states are certain or likely to ban abortion without Roe: Here's which ones and why. Guttmacher Institute 2021. https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2021/10/26-states-are-certain-or-likely-ban-abortion-without-roe-heres-which-ones-and-why; 2021 [accessed 23 November 2021].
- Evaluation of early pregnancy concerns in an early pregnancy unit compared with an Emergency Department.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 995-1000https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000004080
- Early pregnancy care over time: should we promote an early pregnancy assessment unit?.Reprod Biomed Online. 2015; 31: 192-198https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2015.04.008
- Primary care appointment availability for new Medicaid patients increased after Medicaid expansion in Michigan.Health Aff (Millwood). 2015; 34: 1399-1406https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2014.1425
- Appointment availability after increases in Medicaid payments for primary care.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 537-545https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1413299
- Pharmacy access to ulipristal acetate in Hawaii: is a prescription enough?.Contraception. 2016; 93: 452-454https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.12.003
- The mystery shopper: a tool to measure public service delivery?.Int Rev Adm Sci. 2016; 84: 164-184https://doi.org/10.1177/0020852315618018
- Recommendations from cannabis dispensaries about first-trimester cannabis use.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 1031-1038https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000002619
Conflicts of interest: KV received compensation as a Merck Nexplanon trainer from 2018 to 2019. BAC receives research grants from Medicines360, Sebela and Mylan, which are all managed by Magee-Womens Research Institute. SLA has received consulting fees from Mayne Pharma and Merck, and has received research grants from Estretra SRL, EvoFem, and Merck, which are managed by Magee-Womens Research Institute. The other authors report no conflicts of interest.
Funding: This study was conducted with support from the Society of Family Planning Research Fund, grant SFPRF19-07. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of SFPRF.