Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States.Perspect Sex Reprod Health 2017. 2014; 49https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12015
- Abortion surveillance — United States.MMWR Surveill Summ 2016. 2013; 65: 1-44https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6512a1
- Pain control in first-trimester and second-trimester medical termination of pregnancy: A systematic review.Contraception. 2011; 83: 116-126https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2010.07.014
- The SFP research priority setting process.Contraception. 2015; 92: 282-288https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.08.001
Food and Drug Administration. FDA approved labeling: Neurontin ® (gabapentin) capsules Neurontin ® (gabapentin) tablets Neurontin ® (gabapentin) oral solution. FDA Approv Labeling 2011. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/020235s064_020882s047_021129s046lbl.pdf (accessed February 19, 2022).
- Perioperative gabapentinoids.Anesthesiology. 2013; 119: 1215-1221https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e3182a9a896
- A systematic review and meta-regression analysis of prophylactic gabapentin for postoperative pain.Anaesthesia. 2015; 70: 1186-1204https://doi.org/10.1111/anae.13179
- Perioperative use of gabapentinoids for the management of postoperative acute paina systematic review and meta-analysis.Anesthesiology. 2020; 133: 265-279https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000003428
- Single dose of preoperative analgesia with gabapentin (600 mg) is safe and effective in monitored anesthesia care for nasal surgery.Eur Arch Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. 2010; 267: 731-736https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-009-1175-5
- Gabapentin as an adjunct to paracervical block for perioperative pain management for first-trimester uterine aspiration: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; S0002-9378: 30626-30628https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2020.06.011
- Gabapentin for perioperative pain management for uterine aspiration: A randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 134: 611-619https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000003398
- Measures of anxiety: State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI), Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI), and Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale-Anxiety (HADS-A).Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011; 63: S467-S472https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.20561
- Some norms and reliability data for the State–Trait Anxiety Inventory and the Zung Self-Rating Depression scale.Br J Clin Psychol. 1983; 22: 245-249
- Oral compared with intravenous sedation for first-trimester surgical abortion: A randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 276-283https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181938758
- Pain management for medical and surgical termination of pregnancy between 13 and 24 weeks of gestation: A systematic review.BJOG An Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020; 127: 1348-1357https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.16212
- Second-trimester surgical abortion practices in the United States.Contraception. 2018; 98: 95-99https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2018.04.004
- Perioperative gabapentinoids choice of agent, dose, timing, and effects on chronic postsurgical pain.Anesthesiology. 2013; 119: 1215-1221https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e3182a9a896
☆Conflicts of interest: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this article.
☆☆Funding: This work was supported by the Society of Family Planning [grant #SFPRF17-27]. The funding organization had no role in the study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing of the report; the decision to submit the report for publication.