Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States.Perspect on Sex Reprod Health. 2014; 1 (2017): 17-27https://doi.org/10.1363/psrh.12015
- Pain during medical abortion: predicting factors from gynecologic history and medical staff evaluation of severity.Contraception. 2011; 83: 357-361https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2010.08.006
- Ibuprofen and paracetamol for pain relief during medical abortion: a double-blind randomized controlled study.Fertility and Sterility. 2009; 91: 1877-1880https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2008.01.084
- Pain control in medical abortion.Int J Gynecol & Obstetrics. 2001; 74: 275-280https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7292(01)00453-2
- Medication abortion up to 70 days of gestation.Contraception. 2020; 102: 225-236https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2020.08.004
- Treatment of pain during medical abortion.Contraception. 2006; 74: 45-47https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2006.03.002
- Medical abortion practices: a survey of National Abortion Federation members in the United States.Contraception. 2008; 78: 486-491https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2008.07.015
[email protected]: FDA-Approved Drugs n.d. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/daf/index.cfm?event=overview.process&ApplNo=091135 (accessed July 7, 2021).
- Dextromethorphan abuse.Pediatric Emerg Care. 2004; 20: 858-863https://doi.org/10.1097/01.pec.0000148039.14588.d0
- The role of dextromethorphan in pain control.Can J Anesth. 2000; 47: 585-596https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03018952
- Perioperative dextromethorphan reduces postoperative pain after hysterectomy.Anesth & Analgesia. 1999; 89: 399-402https://doi.org/10.1213/00000539-199908000-00028
- The preoperative administration of intravenous dextromethorphan reduces postoperative morphine consumption.Anesth & Analgesia. 1999; 89: 748-752https://doi.org/10.1213/00000539-199909000-00041
- Preoperative oral dextromethorphan does not reduce pain or analgesic consumption in children after adenotonsillectomy.Anesth & Analgesia. 1999; 88: 749-753https://doi.org/10.1213/00000539-199904000-00012
- Dextromethorphan and pain after total abdominal hysterectomy.Br J Anaesth. 1998; 81: 731-736https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/81.5.731
- Drug-Safety. 1992; 7: 190-199https://doi.org/10.2165/00002018-199207030-00004
- A qualitative systematic review of peri-operative dextromethorphan in post-operative pain.Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2006; 50: 1-13https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-6576.2006.00900.x
- Opioid analgesia for medical abortion: a randomized controlled trial.Obstetrics & Gynecol. 2019; 134: 1163-1170https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000003576
- Prescription opioid analgesics commonly unused after surgery: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 1066-1071https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0831
- The experience of pain in real-time during medication abortion.Contraception. 2022; 110: 71-75https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2022.03.003
☆Conflicts of interest: The author/s declares/declare no conflicts of interest.
☆☆Funding: This work was supported by the Society of Family Planning Research Fund [SFPRF18-05]. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Society of Family Planning Research Fund or of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
☆☆This work was in abstract format at the Fellowship in Family Planning Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts, May 2019.
☆☆☆Author contributions: Will individual participant data be available (including data dictionaries)? Yes. What data in particular will be shared? De-identified individual participant data collected during the trial. What other documents will be available? Study protocol. When will data be available (start and end dates)? Immediately following publication and for up to 7 years following completion of the study. By what access criteria will data be shared (including with whom, for what types of analyses, and by what mechanism)? De-identified data will be shared upon request to researchers who provide a methodologically sound proposal and rationale for use of the data set through academically established means. Proposed research that would make use of the data will be subject to administrative approval by the corresponding author. Transfer of data will be subject to the acceptance of a Data Use Agreement by the University of Pittsburgh.