Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Criminal Act. Global abortion policies database. https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/documents/countries/01-Republic-of-Korea-Criminal-Act.pdf (accessed December 22, 2021).
Mother and Child Act. Global abortion policies database. https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/documents/countries/02-Republic-of-South-Korea-Mother-and-Child-Health-Act.pdf (accessed December 22, 2021).
The Constitutional Court of Korea. Case on the crimes of abortion. Global Abortion Policies Database. https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/documents/countries/06-Republic-of-Korea-Constitutional-Court-Decision-2019.pdf (accessed December 22, 2021).
- Historic ruling sparks debate over abortion pills.Korea Times, 2019accessed December 20, 2021)
- ‘Abortion consultation’ included in health insurance.Korea Times, 2021accessed December 20, 2021)
- Not illegal, but not legal: the murky landscape of abortion in South Korea.The Korea Herald, 2022accessed September 26, 2022)
- Hyundai pharm seeks approval for abortion pill.The Korea Herald, 2021accessed December 22, 2021)
- Unsafe abortion: the preventable pandemic.Lancet. 2006; 4 (Accessed on December 20, 2021)
- Clandestine induced abortion: prevalence, incidence and risk factors among women in a Latin American country.CMAJ. 2009; 180 ([published correction appears in CMAJ. 2009 Mar 3;180:5:541]): 298-304https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.071399
- Estimates of induced abortion in South Korea: health facilities survey.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012; 38: 324-328https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1447-0756.2011.01701.x
Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. Survey on induced abortion. https://www.korea.kr/archive/expDocView.do?docId=38663; 2018 (accessed December 22, 2021).
- Illegal abortion, South Korea's open secret.Reuters, 2008accessed December 22, 2021)
- South Korean women look to Dutch non-profit for terminating unwanted pregnancies.Hankyoreh, 2018accessed December 22, 2021)
- Self-managed abortion: a constellation of actors, a cacophony of laws?.Sex Reprod Health Matters. 2021; 29: 1https://doi.org/10.1080/26410397.2021.1899764
- Abortion rights beyond the medico-legal paradigm.Glob Public Health. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1080/17441692.2021.1971278
- Telemedicine for medication abortion: a systematic review.BJOG. 2019; 126: 1094-1102https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.15684
- Acceptability of no-test medication abortion provided via telemedicine during Covid-19: analysis of patient-reported outcomes.BMJ Sex Reprod Health. 2021; 47: 261-268https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjsrh-2020-200954
- Introduction of telemedicine for medication abortion: changes in service delivery patterns in two U.S. states.Contraception. 2021; 103: 151-156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2020.12.005
- Provision of medication abortion using telemedicine in Brazil.Contraception. 2014; 89: 129-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2013.11.005
Women on Web. Press release: Women on Web telemedicine abortion service turns 15, https://www.womenonweb.org/en/page/20954/press-release-women-on-web-telemedicine-abortion-service-turns-15; 2020 (accessed September 26, 2022).
Women on Web. Who we are? https://www.womenonweb.org/en/page/521/who-we-are (accessed September 26, 2022).
Women on Web. I need an abortion, https://www.womenonweb.org/en/i-need-an-abortion (accessed September 26, 2022).
Ministerio de Sanidad. Datos Estadísticos, https://www.sanidad.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/prevPromocion/embarazo/tablas_figuras.htm#Tabla%202 (accessed November 21, 2022).
Ined. Avortements, https://www.ined.fr/fr/tout-savoir-population/chiffres/france/avortements-contraception/avortements/ (accessed November 21, 2022).
- Study on the measures for strengthening the efficacy for safe abortion.Sexual and reproductive health and rights forum. Korea Women's Development Institute, 2021accessed December 22, 2021)
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Abortion care, NG140. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng140; 2019 (Accessed December 22, 2021).
World Health Organization. WHO recommendations on self-care interventions: self-management of medication abortion. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/332334/WHO-SRH-20.11-eng.pdf?ua=1; 2020 (accessed April 12, 2021).
World Health Organization. Abortion care guideline 2022. https://srhr.org/abortioncare/; 2022 (accessed September 26, 2022).
Women on Web. Google core update: impact on women on web and abortion access, https://www.womenonweb.org/en/page/20103/google-core-update-impact-on-women-on-web-and-abortion-access (accessed September 27, 2022).