Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- Development of a patient-reported measure of the interpersonal quality of family planning care.Contraception. 2018; 97: 34-40
- Development of the Person-Centered Contraceptive Counseling scale (PCCC), a short form of the Interpersonal Quality of Family Planning care scale.Contraception. 2021; 103: 310-315
NEJM Catalyst: What is patient-centered care?. 2017. 〈https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/CAT.17.0559〉. Accessed January 3, 2022.
Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Quality of Health Care in America Crossing the Quality Chasm: A new health system for the 21st century. Washington (DC): National Academies Press; 2001.
Bau I., Logan R.A., Dezii C., Rosof B., Fernandez A., Paasche-Orlow M.K. , et al. Patient-centered, integrated health care quality measures could improve health literacy, language access, and cultural competence; 2019. 〈https://nam.edu/patient-centered-integrated-health-care-quality-measures-could-improve-health-literacy-language-access-and-cultural-competence/〉. Accessed January 3, 2022.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Six domains of health care quality. 2015. 〈https://www.ahrq.gov/talkingquality/measures/six-domains.html〉. Accessed April 3, 2022.
- Exploring the applicability of the pregnancy and childbirth outcome set: a mixed methods study.Patient Educ Couns. 2020; 103: 642-651
- Developing core patient-reported outcomes in maternity: PRO-Maternity.BJOG. 2014; 121: 15-19
- A feasibility study of implementing a patient-centered outcome set for pregnancy and childbirth.Health Sci Rep. 2020; 3e168
- Patient reported outcome measures for use in pregnancy and childbirth: a systematic review.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019; 19155
- A qualitative study on professionals' attitudes and views towards the introduction of patient reported measures into public maternity care pathway.BMC Health Serv Res. 2021; 21645
- Information and power: women of color's experiences interacting with health care providers in pregnancy and birth.Soc Sci Med. 2019; 238112491
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463
- Stratified reproduction, family planning care and the double edge of history.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 26: 539-544
- Obstetric racism: the racial politics of pregnancy, labor, and birthing.Med Anthropol. 2019; 38: 560-573
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: Patient-centered contraceptive counseling. 2022. 〈https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-statement/articles/2022/02/patient-centered-contraceptive-counseling〉. Accessed March 3, 2022.
- ACOG committee opinion no. 649: racial and ethnic disparities in obstetrics and gynecology.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e130-e134
- Doctor knows best? Provider bias in the context of contraceptive counseling in the United States.Contraception. 2022; 110: 66-70
- Recommendations for intrauterine contraception: a randomized trial of the effects of patients' race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203319.e1-8
- Provider bias in Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) promotion and removal: perceptions of young adult women.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 1932-1937
- Use of clinical performance measures for contraceptive care in Iowa, 2013.Contraception. 2017; 96: 158-165
- Inpatient postpartum long-acting reversible contraception: care that promotes reproductive justice.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 783-787
- Beyond same-day long-acting reversible contraceptive access: a person-centered framework for advancing high-quality, equitable contraceptive care.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: S878.e1-S878.e6
- Sterilized in the name of public health: race, immigration, and reproductive control in modern California.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1128-1138
- Balancing enhanced contraceptive access with risk of reproductive injustice: a comparative case study.Contraception. 2022; 113 (Apr 16:S0010-7824(22)00105-6 [Online ahead of print]): 88-94
- Perceptions of coercion, discrimination and other negative experiences in postpartum contraceptive counseling for low-income minority women.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011; 22: 1387-1400
- Patients' experiences with South Carolina's immediate postpartum Long-acting reversible contraception Medicaid policy.Contraception. 2019; 100: 165-171
- Patient perceptions of immediate postpartum long-acting reversible contraception: a qualitative study.Contraception. 2020; 101: 21-25
- Feasibility and acceptability of a toolkit-based process to implement patient-centered, immediate postpartum long-acting reversible contraception services.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: 394.e1-394.e16
University of California San Francisco: The person-centered contraceptive couseling measure. 〈https://pcccmeasure.ucsf.edu/〉. Accessed March 15, 2022.
Luma Institute: A taxonomy of innovation. Harv Bus Rev; 2014. 〈https://hbr.org/2014/01/a-taxonomy-of-innovation〉.
IDEO: The field guide to human-centered design. 2015. 〈https://www.ideo.com/post/design-kit〉. Accessed September 26, 2022.
Gibbons S.: Journey Mapping 101. Nielsen Norman Group, 2018. 〈https://www.nngroup.com/articles/journey-mapping-101/〉. Accessed January 8, 2023.
- Qualitative content analysis.in: Jacoby L. Siminoff L. edn 1. Empirical Methods for Bioethics: a Primer. Advances in Bioethics. 11. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2007: 39-62
- Constructing grounded theory. edn 2. Sage Publications, 2014
- Issues of validity and reliability in qualitative research.Evid Based Nurs. 2015; 18: 34-35
- "I was tired of all the sticking and poking": identifying barriers to diabetes self-care among low-income pregnant women.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2015; 26: 926-940
- What do women want? Experiences of low-income women with postpartum contraception and contraceptive counseling.J Pregnancy Child Health. 2015; 2191
- Urban minority women's perceptions of and preferences for postpartum contraceptive counseling.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2011; 56: 54-60
- Celebration meets caution: LARC's boons, potential busts, and the benefits of a reproductive justice approach.Contraception. 2014; 89: 237-241
- Committee opinion no. 670: immediate postpartum long-acting reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e32-e37
- Committee opinion no. 615: access to contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 250-255
- Access to postpartum sterilization: ACOG committee opinion, number 827.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: e169-e176
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: US Medical Eligibility Criteria (US MEC) for contraceptive use. 2017. 〈https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/mmwr/mec/summary.html〉. Accessed December 6, 2021.
Women's Preventive Services Initiative Contraception. 〈https://www.womenspreventivehealth.org/recommendations/contraception/〉. Accessed December 6, 2021.