Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contraception
- More Than a Physical Burden: Women’s Mental and Emotional Work in Preventing Pregnancy.J Sex Res. 2017; : 1-10https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2017.1311834
- Will Men Use Novel Male Contraceptive Methods and Will Women Trust Them? A Systematic Review.J Sex Res. 2021; 58: 838-849https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2021.1905764
- Efficacy and Safety of an Injectable Combination Hormonal Contraceptive for Men.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016; : jc20162141https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2016-2141
- Attitudes toward male fertility control: results of a multinational survey on four continents.Human Reproduction. 2005; 20: 549-556https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deh574
- Would women trust their partners to use a male pill?.Human Reproduction. 2000; 15: 646-649https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/15.3.646
- Men bring condoms, women take pills: Men’s and women’s roles in contraceptive decision making.Gender and Society. 2011; 25: 496-521https://doi.org/10.1177/0891243211416113
For Father’s Day, 8 facts about American dads | Pew Research Center n.d. 〈https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/12/fathers-day-facts/〉 (accessed September 2, 2022 ).
- Men’s Perceptions of Their Roles and Responsibilities Regarding Sex, Contraception and Childrearing.Fam Plann Perspect. 1996; 28: 221-226https://doi.org/10.2307/2135841
- Gender Norms and Contraceptive Trusts.Albany Law J Sci Technol. 2013; : 23
- Male Access to Over-the-Counter Emergency Contraception. A Survey of Acceptability and Barriers in Providence, Rhode Island.Women’s Health Issues. 2009; 19: 365-372https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2009.07.003
- Pharmacy provision of emergency contraception to men: A survey of pharmacist attitudes in Rhode Island.Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2017; 50 (24a–23)https://doi.org/10.1331/JAPhA.2010.08183
- Surveying the persistence of age- and gender-based restrictions on over-the-counter emergency contraception across pharmacies in Los Angeles County, CA.Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2022; : 0https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2022.04.006
- Negotiating Masculinity in a Women’s Space: Findings from a Qualitative Study of Male Partners Accompanying Women at the Time of Abortion.Men Masc. 2020; : 23https://doi.org/10.1177/1097184X18762260
- Supporting Women at the Time of Abortion: A Mixed-Methods Study of Male Partner Experiences and Perspectives.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2018; 50: 75-83https://doi.org/10.1363/PSRH.12059
- Post-abortion contraception, an opportunity for male partners and male contraception.Contraception. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2022.07.004
- The next frontier for men’s contraceptive choice: College men’s willingness to pursue male hormonal contraception.Psychology of Men & Masculinities. 2019; 20: 226-237https://doi.org/10.1037/men0000174
Gough H. Some factors related to men’s stated willingness to use a male contraceptive pill. 〈Http://DxDoiOrg/101080/00224497909551021〉 2010 ;15:27–37. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224497909551021.
- The Relationship between Contraceptive Sex Role Stereotyping and Attitudes toward Male Contraception among Males.The Journal of Sex Research. 1979; 15: 235-242https://doi.org/10.2307/3812280
Pulerwitz J. , Barker G. Measuring Attitudes toward Gender Norms among Young Men in Brazil: Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the GEM Scale. 〈Http://DxDoiOrg/101177/1097184X06298778〉 2007 ;10:322–38. https://doi.org/10.1177/1097184X06298778.
- Evaluating the Validity and Reliability of the Gender Equitable Men’s Scale Using a Longitudinal Cohort of Adolescent Girls and Young Women in South Africa.AIDS Behav. 2022; 26: 775-785https://doi.org/10.1007/S10461-021-03436-0/TABLES/3
- Compendium of Gender Scales.Washington DC, 2011
- Acceptability of a transdermal gel-based male hormonal contraceptive in a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2014; 90: 407-412https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2014.05.013
- Acceptability of the oral hormonal male contraceptive prototype, 11β-Methyl-19-nortestosterone dodecylcarbonate (11β-MNTDC), in a 28-day placebo-controlled trial.Contraception. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2021.06.009
- Acceptability of oral dimethandrolone undecanoate in a 28-day placebo-controlled trial of a hormonal male contraceptive prototype.Contraception. 2020; 102: 52-57https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2020.04.006
Study of Daily Application of Nestorone® (NES) and Testosterone (T) Combination Gel for Male Contraception - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov n.d. 〈https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT03452111〉 (accessed February 8, 2023 ).
- Continuing the search for a hormonal male contraceptive.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2020; 66: 83-94https://doi.org/10.1016/J.BPOBGYN.2020.02.003
- Online community queries on hormonal male contraception: An analysis of the Reddit “Ask Me Anything” experience.Contraception. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2021.02.009
- The male pill: a biography of a technology in the making. 2003; : 306
- Reasons US women have abortions: quantitative and qualitative perspectives.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2005; 37: 110-118
- Male contraception is coming: Who do men want to prescribe their birth control.Contraception. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2022.04.014
- P015Acculturative processes in the generation and evolution of family planning stigma: Lessons from the los angeles filipinx/a/o family planning study.Contraception. 2022; 116: 77https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2022.09.040
- Potential impact of hormonal male contraception: cross-cultural implications for development of novel preparations.Human Reproduction. 2000; 15: 637-645https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/15.3.637
- Access to male sexual and reproductive health services in publicly funded California clinics in 2018.Contraception. 2021; 104: 165-169https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2021.04.004
- Discrepant abortion reporting by interview methodology among men from the United States National Survey of Family Growth (2015-2017.Contraception. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CONTRACEPTION.2022.01.012
- Putting the man in contraceptive mandate.Contraception. 2014; 89: 3-5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2013.10.001